Flashcards in Test 01 RED Deck (20)
1. What does "The land of the midnight sun" means?
a. The sun rises at the midnight only
b. The height of summer, daylight can last up to 24 hours
c. Daylight appears at midnight and last for 16 hours
d. Daylight appears at midnight all year round
2. "A nation within a united Canada" is recognition of;
d. The loyalist
3. What are the major political parties in the House of Commons?
a. Liberai, New Democratic and Quebec Bloc parties
b. Liberal, New Democratic and Green parties
c. Conservative, Liberal and New Democratic parties
d. Conservative and New Democratic parties
4. A Montreal Member of Parliament is traveling in her Electoral District, where is she?
a. She is in the province of Quebec
b. She is in the House of Commons
c. She is in a part of Montreal
d. She is in Montreal
5. Which of the following is considered as "without bribery"?
a. Peace officers
b. Border service
c. Government Officials
d. Secret ballot
6. Whom do Canadians vote for in Federal Elections?
a. All candidates in their electoral district
b. Someone to become the premier of the province
c. Members of Parliament
d. The best speaker running the election campaign
7. What “Act” was passed by parliament between government and French Canadians?
a. The Canadian Charter of 1982
b. The Quebec "ACT" of 1774
c. The Canadian Constitution
d. The Official Language "ACT" 1969
8. Black loyalists came to Canada long before Europeans.
9. When you take the oath of Canadian citizenship; who do you pledge the loyalty to?
a. Governor General sir, David Johnston
b. Prime Minister Mr. Stephen Harper
c. Any citizenship Judges who presiding the ceremony
d. Queen Elizabeth II
10. The first representative assembly was elected in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1758 symbolizes;
a. The independency of Canada
b. The dominion of Canada's birth
c. The beginning of Democracy
d. The charter of rights and freedoms
11. Who plays the role as national police forces and Canada's best known symbol?
a. North Atlantic treaty organization (NATO)
b. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
c. The United Nation (UN)
d. The Royal Canadian Air Forces (RCAF)
12. Who is seen by many as a hero, a defender of metis rights and a father of Manitoba?
a. Louis Hyppolytt Lafontaine
b. Louis Riel
c. John Grave Simcoe
d. Sir Sam Steele
13. Quebec experienced an era of rapid change in the 1960s known as;
a. A nation within united of Canada
b. The Quiet Revolution
c. The movement for Quebec sovereignty
d. The autonomy of Quebec
14. Which two countries battled in the “Plains of Abraham” in 1759?
a. American and France
b. Canada and France
c, France and Great Britain
d. Canada and America
15. Sir Arthur Currie was a reserve officer, became Canada’s greatest soldier in:
a. First World War
b. The Second World War
c. The war of 1812
d. The battle in the plain of Abraham
16. Old provinces of Canada are;
a. Quebec and Ontario
b. Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island
c. Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
d. New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
17. Canada’s National Motto is:
a. O Canada
b. God save the Queen
c. A Mari Usque Ad Mare
d. Amazing Grace
18. Canada’s two official sports are;
a. The Canadian football and soccer
b. The Basketball and Hockey
c. The Soccer and Hockey
d. The Hockey and the Lacrosse
19. November twentieth every year is;
a. Sir Wilfrid Laurier day
b. Remembrance Day
d. Boxing Day