Flashcards in Test 11 Deck (20)
1. What year did Ottawa decided to build a railway for the unity of Canada from sea to sea?
2. What government building was burned down and rebuild in 1922
a. The center block of parliament building
b. The Canadian National Tower
c. THe National Television Tower
d. The parliament building in York city Toronto
3. Who was the first woman MP in 1921?
a. Alice Jefferson
b. Agnes Macphail
c. Adrian Clarkson
d. Michelle Jean
4. In what year and age of women were granted the right to vote?
a. 1867 and women aged 19
b. 1967 and women aged 21
c. 1918 and women aged 21
d. 1960 and women aged 18
5. Canada is a prosperous country because:
a. Many ethnic and religious groups live and work in peace
b. Non-official languages are widely spoken
c. Gay and lesbian enjoy the full protection of and equal treatment
d. All of above
6. What is the significance of serving on a jury?
a. An independent panel gives a verdict against the defendant in order to imply a punishment
b. An independent panel has knowledge of law and act as lawyers for defendant
c. An independent panel replaces the judges made up of citizens
d. An independent panel makes the justice system work as it depends on impartial juries made up of citizens
7. Who was a Canadian born in British Guiana, won for 3 times bronze Olympic medals in track and field?
a. Donovan Bailey
b. Phil Edwards
c. Marjorie Tuner
d. Ursine Bolds
8. Who was the first lieutenant governor of Upper Canada?
a. Sir John Graves Simcoe
b. Sir Louis-Hippolyte Lafontaine
c. Sir John A. McDonald
d. Sir Jacques Cartier
9. Where did Canada's law come from?
a. The first settlers of Europe and the unwritten constitution that we have inherited
b. American's civic code of law and the unwritten constitution that we have inherited
c. Great Britain and the civil code of France and the unwritten constitution that we have inherited
d. France and aboriginals and the unwritten constitution that we have inherited
10. Which of the following is an illustration of Canadian citizenship responsibility?
a. Pay more taxes
b. Learn both official languages
c. Serving on a jury
d. Serving the community and car pool
11. July first of 1867 was:
a. Canada became independent
b. Canada defeat United State
c. North America Act was introduced
d. The Dominion of Canada birth
12. What origin of Canadians were forced to sale their properties and relocate from BC province during the Second World War?
13. Which of the following best describes the equality of women and men?
a. Works in the same professions if qualified
b. To be a Member of Parliament
c. Receive education in the same school
d. All of above
14. Which is the best illustration of "Taking responsibility for oneself and one's family"?
a. Serve on jury
b. Getting a job
c. Helping people in need
d. Voting in elections
15. Canada is NOT a member of the world organization of:
a. North America Trade Organization
b. Warsaw Organization
c. World Trade Organization
d. United Nation
16. How do you help others in the community?
a. Assisting at your child's school
b. Helping people in need
c. Above are correct
d. Above are incorrect
17. The Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) provided a high proportion of Commonwealth aircrew in bombers and fighter planes over Europe and took part in battle for:
a. The Britain 1942
b. The War 1812
c. The Palin of Abraham 1759
d. The battle of Sarajevo 1992
18. Who was the lady honoured heroine to this day in 1813?
a. Dr. Emily Stowe
b. Agnes Macphail
c. Laura Secord
d. Mary Ann Carey
19. Why is the tower in the parliament known as "peace tower"?
a. Symbolizing Canada is peace country
b. In memory of First World War
c. A national landmark
d. A Canadian TV Tower