Flashcards in Test 03 Deck (20)
1. Which group of people lives in a small, scattered community across the Arctic?
a. First Nations
2. Why trading with other nations are important to Canada?
a. Maintain the relationship of national affairs
b. To support third world countries
c. Fulfill the agreement of the United Nations
d. For a better living
3. What was Canada's first financial institution?
a. The Royal Bank of Canada
b. The Toronto Dominion Bank
c.The Nova Scotia Bank
d. The Bank of Montreal
4. Thousands of slaves escaped from the United States to settle down in Canada were:
a. Empire loyalists
c. Black loyalists
5. What was the outcome of the battle in the "Plain of Abraham"?
a. British defeated French
b. British lost in this war
c. France defeats the America
d. Quebec city was in submerge
6. In 1943-1944 Canada took part in the liberation of:
c. South Korea
7. About one million of Canadians served the Second World War; how many were died?
a. More than sixty thousands
b. About forty thousands
c. More than one hundred and ten thousands
d. About twenty thousands
8. What are the colours of Canadian Flag?
a. Red and white
b. Red and green
c. Blue and red
d. Red and black
9. What is the significance of Hockey?
a. Any Olympic game
b. A national winter sport
c. The most popular spectator sport and National winter sport
d. The game of extreme speeds
10. What is the Motto "A Mari Usque Ad Mare" in Latin means?
a. From land to river
b. From sea to sea
c. From land to sea
d. From sea to river
11. What river is the Quebecois living along?
a. Mackenzie River
b. St. Lawrence River
c. Fraser River
d. Lake Ontario
12. Canada has three territories and how many provinces?
a. Thirteen provinces
b. Eleven provinces
c. Ten provinces
d. Fourteen provinces
13. How is the new government formed?
a. The party with the most members and candidates
b. The party with the most Canadian citizens and members
c. The candidates with the most votes in the elections
d. The political party with the most seats in the House of Commons
14. What is the significance to vote by secret ballot?
a. Free to vote without intimidation then bribery and no pressure
b. Not to be announced by media immediately after the total count
c. Not to be questioned by election officer bout my choice
d. Avoid to be blamed by non chosen candidates
15. Whom do Canadians vote for in Federal Elections?
a. All candidates in their electoral district
b. Someone to become the premier of the province
c. Members of the House of Commons
d. The best speaker running the election campaign
16. Which government department responsible for disputes?
a. The Parliament
b. The House of Commons
d. The Court
17. Which level of governments responsible for passing "By-Laws"?
a. The federal level
b. The provincial/territorial
c. The municipal level
d. None of the above
18. What will you pledge when you take the Oath of Canadian Citizenship?
a. Pledge the loyalty to the queen's representative in Canada
b. Obey the law of Canada and pay taxes
c. Loyal to the queen and give your former citizenship
d. Obeying the law and fullfill the duties as a Canadian citizenship
19. A group of people established Canada known as:
a. Pioneers thinkers
b. Fathers of Confederation
c. Lieutenant Governors
d. Founders of Canada