How can the LLZ and GS modes be deactivated after LOC & GS capture?
- Disconnecting A/P & A/T and turning both F/D's Off or:
- Selecting GA mode
When will the F/D command bars display when F/D not on?
- When GA switch is pushed and airspeed is ABV 80kts with the flaps not retracted
- Can be removed by cycling the switch
- Will command GA Thrust limit
At what altitude can the Autoland status annunciators not change?
- BLW 200ft except to indicate a NO AUTOLND condition
SPD in A/T FMA means?
- A/T controlling thrust to maintain SPD in window or:
- If VNAV engaged, the SPD programmed by the FMC
What are the 5 modes of A/T?
What are the exclusive modes of A/T?
What will be indicated on FMA when A/P is set to CMD after Take off with FD off?
Bank angle less than 5 degrees:
- V/S and HDG HOLD
Bank angle greater than 5 degrees:
- V/S and ATT
- When greater than 30 degrees AFDS returns to 30 degrees
What is the default mode of A/T?
What mode does the A/T system not reposition the thrust levers?
- THROTTLE HOLD
What happens with A/T in a GA if A/P and F/D's are off?
- Controls to go-around reference thrust subject to flap and Vmo speeds
When does LNAV immediately activate when intercepting a route?
- Within 2.5 nm
When does G/A mode ARM and how is it displayed?
- Flaps out of up or Glideslope capture
- No real annunciation, reference thrust limit just changes to G/A
When does ROLLOUT arm and engage?
- BLW 1500ft armed displays and it engages below 5ft
When does the AFDS capture the LLZ?
- Within 120' of LLZ course
When does SPD change from IAS to MACH in a CLB and then MACH to IAS in a descent?
- Mach .80 and 300kts
What are the 3 methods to return from THR-HOLD to FLCH mode
- A/T is set off then ARM
- Select other pitch mode then re-select FLCH
- Thrust levers advance manually, set to reference bug
When does the ALT light illuminate on the Altimeter?
- Between 300 and 900ft
- White light displays on top right of Altimeter
- ALT ALERT- Amber light displays on the main panel next to standby AItimeter
What will display on the FMA for FLCH in a CLB or DESCENT also in ALT HOLD?
- FLCH , SPD
- SPD, ALT HOLD
In VNAV what happens when A/C levels out in CRZ
- TMSP changes reference thrust to CRZ
If SPD is set in the A/T window what controls A/C SPD?
- Thrust (power control)
In a descent what will be indicated if done in FLCH?
- FLCH then THR-HOLD / SPD
What is indicated in a VNAV CLB?
- N1 / VNAV SPD
What happens in a level off in VNAV
- SPD (commanded by FMS) / VNAVPTH
When will the VOR/DME SW become AUTO?
- Only when HSI mode selector is set to MAP or PLAN
When does the VOR/DME always indicate manual?
- Always at VOR, ILS mode
When is HDG up indicated on HSI and when is TRACK up indicated?
- HDG UP = VOR, ILS mode
- TRACK UP = MAP, PLAN mode
When does RWY align mode begin?
- 500ft RA with LAND 2/3 annunciated
What slip will the autopilot initiate during RWY align mode?