Flashcards in Chapter 2 studying Deck (12)
What did Robert Hook do?
Discover cells while looking at cork from trees
Who was the first person to discover single celled organisms(protus)?
Anton Van Leeuwenhoek
Who discovered single celled organisms and what are they called?
Anton Van Leeuwenhoek; protus
what did Anton Van Leeuwenhoek discover? 3 things.
1) Single celled organisms(protus)
3) human red blood cells are flatter than bird red blood cells.
Who was the first person to discover cells while examining what?
Robert Hook; cork from trees
what are the 3 parts of the cell theory?
1) All cells come from existing cells
2) The cell is the basic unit all things.
3) An organism has 1 or more cells
Language Arts question: Define "Allusion"
a reference to information the reader should know.
name 4 tissues in animals
name 3 plant tissues
What is the independent variable?
The factor that changes for the purpose of the experiment
What is the first step for making a protein?
RNA copies the DNA and goes to the ribosome