Flashcards in What is pathology? Deck (8)
What is histopathology?
generally includes cytopathology
What is chemical pathology?
- biochemical substances that may be in the blood
- eg. sodium, potassium ect.
What is microbiology
- bacteria identification
- determination of antibiotic sensitivity
- culture for viral identification
What is surgical histology?
- the diagnosis of disease
- to confirm lumps and bumps
- provides prognosis implications (eg. how far tumour has spread)
What is cytopathology?
- looks at individual cells
- eg. cervical smears
What is morbid anatomy?
what is haematology?
- Measurement of blood cells
- can help to diagnosis leukaemia
- red cell count, white cell count