Flashcards in Session 3 - Filtration Deck (95)
What is general overflow aminoaciduria?
• All amino acids present in urine
• Due to inadequate deamination in the liver, or increased GFR
When is general overflow aminaciduria often seen?
• Early pregnancy
What is specific overflow aminoaciduria?
• Only a specific AA is present in the urine.
• This is usually do to a genetic inability to break down one AA
How can kidney stones develop as a result of renal aminoaciduria?
• Caused by dibasic acids, due to failure of transport system
• Cystein abnormally insoluble, and is strongly associated with kidney stone formation
• Cysteinuria associated with stone formation