Flashcards in Session 7 - Diuretics Deck (36)
What is pulmonary oedema treated with?
• Loop diuretics
What is hypertension treated with?
• Thiazide diuretics
• Spironolactone in primary hyperaldosteronism (Conn's syndrome)
How is hypercalcaemia treated?
• Loop diuretics promote Ca2+ excretion in loop of henle
Give three substances with diuretic actions
• Alcohol - Inhibits ADH release
• Coffee - Increased GFR, decreased Na+ reabsorption
• Lithium - Inhibits ADH action on collection ducts
What is diuresis expressed as in the form of a symptom?