/ bɑ:nd /
- An official document promising that a government or company will pay back money that it has borrowed, often with interest :
+ Biên bản, hợp đồng
/ 'bɜ:dʒən /
- To grow or develop quickly :
>>the burgeoning market for digital cameras
/ kənɡlɒmərət /
1. a large business organization consisting of several different companies that have joined together :
>>an international conglomerate
2. A group of things gathered together
/ kən'sɪstənt /
- Always behaving in the same way or having the same attitudes, standards etc – usually used to show approval OPP inconsistent:
>>She’s the team’s most consistent player.
>>We need to be consistent in our approach.
— consistently adverb :
+ Đặc, chắc, Trước sau như một, (+with) phù hợp
/ ɪn'dɔ:s /
1. To express formal support or approval for someone or something
endorse a proposal/an idea/a candidate etc
The Prime Minister is unlikely to endorse this view.
+ Xác nhận, chứng thực
— endorsement noun
/ aʊtpə'fɔ:m /
- To be more successful than someone or something else :
>>Stocks generally outperform other investments.
+ Làm tốt hơn
/ 'pæʃən /
1. A very strong feeling of sexual love → desire :
>>her passion for a married man
2. A very strong belief or feeling about something
>>He spoke with considerable passion about the importance of art and literature.
+ Sự đam mê
/ prɪ'veɪl /
1. If a belief, custom, situation etc prevails, it exists among a group of people at a certain time
prevail in/among etc
the economic conditions which prevail in England and Wales
+ Thịnh hành, phổ biến
/ rɪ'vɜ:s /
- To change something, such as a decision, judgment, or process so that it is the opposite of what it was before
reverse a decision/verdict/policy etc
The decision was reversed on appeal.
reverse a trend/process/decline etc
More changes are required to reverse the trend towards centralised power.
+ Đảo ngược
/ θɜ:st /
- The feeling of wanting or needing a drink → thirsty, hunger:
>>Ice water is the only thing that really quenches my thirst