/ ə'kʌmpəni /
- To go somewhere with someone :
>>Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
+ Đi cùng với ai, hộ tống
/ ɔltə /
1. A holy table or surface used in religious ceremonies :
The victim was tied to a sacrificial altar.
2. The area furthest from the entrance of a church, where the priest or minister stands
+ Bàn thờ
/ ɪ'læbərɪt /
1. having a lot of small parts or details put together in a complicated way SYN intricate :
>>pure silks embroidered with elaborate patterns
2. Carefully planned and organized in great detail SYN complex :
>>a very elaborate telecommunications network
— elaborately adverb :
+ Phức tạp, tỷ mỷ, công phu, tinh vi
/ enə'dʒetɪk /
- Having or needing a lot of energy or determination :
>>We need to be more energetic in promoting ourselves abroad.
— energetically adverb :
+ Mạnh mẽ, mãnh liệt
/ ɪ'voʊk /
- To produce a strong feeling or memory in someone :
The photographs evoked strong memories of our holidays in France.
— evocation / evə'keɪʃən / noun
+ Gợi lên
/ 'flɔrəl /
- Made of flowers or decorated with flowers or pictures of flowers :
>>There were floral tributes (= flowers sent as a sign of respect after someone has died ) from his colleagues.
+ (Thuộc) Hoa, cây cỏ
/ 'ɡɑlənd /
- A ring of flowers or leaves, worn on your head or around your neck for decoration or for a special ceremony → wreath
>>garlands of flowers
+ Vòng hoa [n]
+ Trang trí bằng hoa, đeo vòng hoa [v]
/ 'ɡreɪsful /
- Behaving in a polite and pleasant way :
>>Her father was a quiet man with graceful manners.
— gracefully adverb :
— gracefulness noun
+ Duyên dáng, yêu kiều, thanh nhã
/ reɪn /
1 the period when someone is king, queen, or emperor
>>Changes that took place during Nguyen’s reign
+ Triều đại
/ rɪ'vaɪv /
1. To bring something back after it has not been used or has not existed for a period of time :
>>Local people have decided to revive this centuries-old tradition.
2. To become healthy and strong again, or to make someone or something healthy and strong again → recover :
>>The economy is beginning to revive.
+ Làm sống lại, hồi sinh
/ 'steriətaɪp /
- A belief or idea of what a particular type of person or thing is like. Stereotypes are often unfair or untrue
racial/sexual/cultural etc stereotype
racist stereotypes in the media
women who don’t fit the stereotype of the good mother
stereotypes about the elderly
— stereotypical / steriətɪpɪkəl / adjective :
— stereotypically adverb
+ Đặc trưng