/ ə'kwætɪk /
1. living or growing in water:
>> an aquatic plant
2. involving or happening in water:
+Sống dưới nước
+Chơi dưới nước
1. [ usually singular ] a group of people or things, especially one that is large or impressive
>>a dazzling array of flowers
2. technical a set of numbers or signs, or of computer memory units, arranged in lines across or down
/ dɪ'fens /
The American spelling of defence
+ Sự bảo vệ
-- Defensibly adverb
/ difɒrə'steɪʃən /
+ The cutting or burning down of all the trees in an area :
>>The deforestation of the tropics;
+ Sự phá rừng
— Deforest verb
/ ɪn'vaɪrənmənt /
1. the environment: The air, water, and land on Earth, which is affected by man's activities:
>>The effects of acid rain on the environment;
2. [ uncountable and countable ]: The people and things that are around you in your life, for example the buildings you use, the people you live or work with, and the general situation you are in :
>>The company had failed to provide a safe environment for its workers.
3 [ countable ]: The natural features of a place, for example its weather, the type of land it has, and the type of plants that grow in it
>>a forest environment;
* Environmental Adjective
/ ɪ'rəʊʒən /
1. The process by which rock or soil is gradually destroyed by wind, rain, or the sea :
>>the problem of soil erosion
2. The process by which something is gradually reduced or destroyed
>>the gradual erosion of our civil liberties
+Sự ăn mòn, sự sói mòn
* Erode verb
/ 'hæbitæt /
The natural home of a plant or animal :
>>Watching monkeys in their natural habitat
>>The grassland is an important habitat for many wild flowers.
+ Môi trường sống, nơi sống
1. To prevent something from growing or developing well :
>>An unhappy family life may inhibit children’s learning.
2. To make someone feel embarrassed or nervous so that they cannot do or say what they want to
inhibit somebody from doing something
>>Recording the meeting may inhibit people from expressing their real views.
+ ngăn chặn, hạn chế, kiềm chế
* inhibition / ɪnhə'bɪʃən/ noun
/ ɪntə'sept /
To stop something or someone that is going from one place to another before they get there :
>>An attempt to intercept drugs being smuggled over the border
>>His phone calls were intercepted.
+ Chặn, chặn đứng
* interception / -sepʃ ə n / noun
/ lɒɡɪŋ /
The work of cutting down trees in a forest
+Việc đốn gỗ
* Log verb
/ 'mɪriəd /
A myriad of something/myriads of something a very large number of things :
>>We're still studying a myriad of options.
+Mười nghìn, vô số
A chemical or food that provides what is needed for plants or animals to live and grow :
>>The plant absorbs nutrients from the soil.
+ Chất dinh dưỡng, chất bổ
* nutrient adjective
To become firm, steady, or unchanging, or to make something firm or steady
>>The patient's condition has now stabilized.
+ Làm ổn định; trở nên ổn định
* stabilization noun
/ tə'restriəl /
1. Relating to the Earth rather than to the moon or other planets
2. Living on or relating to land rather than water
+ (thuộc) đất; ở trên mặt đất, sống trên mặt đất
+ (thuộc) hành tinh trái đất
+ (động vật học) ở cạn, sống trên mặt đất
/ vænɪʃ /
1. To disappear suddenly, especially in a way that cannot be easily explained :
>>My keys were here a minute ago but now they've vanished.
2. To suddenly stop existing SYN disappear
>>By the 1930s, the wolf had vanished from the American West.
+ Biến mất, Triệt tiêu
plants in general :
>>Lefkas has an abundance of lush green vegetation.
+ Cây cối nói chung
* Vegetative adjective