/ ə'trɪbjut /
+ Thuộc tính [n]
+ Cho là, quy cho [v]
/ kɑ:v /
- To make an object or pattern by cutting a piece of wood or stone → carving
carve something out of/from something
>>a statue carved from a single block of marble
+ Cắt, khắc, trạm, đục
/ sɪvəlaɪ'zeɪʃən /
- A society that is well organized and developed, used especially about a particular society in a particular place or at a particular time → civilized :
>>modern American civilization
>>the ancient civilizations of Greece and Rome
+ Nền văn minh
/ di:d /
1. Something someone does, especially something that is very good or very bad :
>>After the morning’s good deeds he deserved a rest.
>>She tried to strangle her baby and her lover helped her finish the evil deed .
2. An official paper that is a record of an agreement, especially an agreement concerning who owns property
+ Văn bản, chứng thư
/ ɪn'kʌmpəs /
1. To include a wide range of ideas, subjects, etc :
>>The study encompasses the social, political, and economic aspects of the situation.
2. To completely cover or surround something :
>>The houses encompassed about 100 square metres.
+ Vây quanh, bao quanh, chứa đựng
+ Hoàn thành, hoàn thiện
/ 'ekskəveɪt /
1. If a scientist or archaeologist excavates an area of land, they dig carefully to find ancient objects, bones etc :
>>Schliemann excavated the ancient city of Troy.
2. To make a hole in the ground by digging up soil etc
— excavation / ekskəveɪʃ ə n / noun [ uncountable and countable ]
+ Đào, khai quật
/ ɪn'skraɪb /
- To carefully cut, print, or write words on something, especially on the surface of a stone or coin → engrave :
be inscribed in/on something
>>The team’s name is inscribed on the base of the trophy.
be inscribed with something
>>The tomb was inscribed with a short poem.
+ Viết, khắc chữ
/ 'lɪtərəsi /
- The state of being able to read and write OPP illiteracy → numeracy:
>>a new adult literacy campaign
+ Sự biết viết, sự biết đọc
/ mɪ'θɒlədʒi /
1. Set of ancient myths :
>>The mythology of the Persians
2. Ideas or opinions that many people have, but that are wrong or not true :
>>According to popular mythology, school days are the best days of your life.
+ Thần thoại
— mythological / mɪθəlɒdʒɪk ə l◂ $ -lɑ- / adjective :
The walls are painted with mythological scenes.
/ 'setl /
1. To end an argument or solve a disagreement
settle a dispute/lawsuit/conflict/argument etc
>>Rodman met with Kreeger to try and settle the dispute over his contract.
>>She finally settled with her former employers for an undisclosed sum.
2. To decide what you are going to do, especially so that you can make definite arrangements :
>>It’s settled then. I’ll go back to the States in June.
+ Giải quyết, dàn xếp, hoà giải
/ 'speʃəlaɪzd /
- Trained, designed, or developed for a particular purpose, type of work, place etc :
>>Specialized training for specific jobs
>>the highly specialized plants that live in desert areas
/ təʊkən /
1. A round piece of metal that you use instead of money in some machines
2. Something that represents a feeling, fact, event etc
a token of your gratitude/respect/appreciation etc
>>Please accept this gift as a small token of our appreciation.
+ Dấu hiệu, vật kỷ niệm
+ Phiếu, thẻ đổi hàng