/ bu:n /
- Something that is very useful and makes your life a lot easier or better :
+ Lợi ích, lời đề nghị
/ kəʊən'saɪd /
- To happen at the same time as something else, especially by chance → coincidence
>>His entry to the party coincided with his marriage.
planned/timed/arranged to coincide
>>The show is timed to coincide with the launch of a new book.
+ Xảy ra đồng thời, trùng với
/ 'kʌmfət /
1. A feeling of being physically relaxed and satisfied, so that nothing is hurting you, making you feel too hot or cold etc → comfortable, discomfort
built/made/designed for comfort
>>All our sports shoes are designed for comfort and performance.
Now you can watch your favorite movies in the comfort of your own home.
2. if someone or something gives you comfort, they make you feel calmer, happier, or more hopeful after you have been worried or unhappy → comforting :
>>a book which offers comfort and help to the parents of children with cancer
+ Sự an ủi, sự thoải mái, sự an nhàn
/ dɪ'saɪsɪv /
- Someone who is decisive is good at making decisions quickly and with confidence OPP indecisive :
>>a decisive leader
>>a talent for quick decisive action
+ Kiên quyết, quả quyết, dứt khoát
/ ɪn'taɪsɪŋ /
- Something that is enticing attracts or interests you a lot SYN tempting:
>>It was a hot day and the water looked enticing.
— enticingly adverb
+ Hấp dẫn, lôi cuốn
/ fɜ:m /
- A business or company, especially a small one
electronics/advertising/law etc firm
She works for an electronics firm.
+ Hãng, công ty
/ lu:m /
- To appear as a large unclear shape, especially in a threatening way
loom up/out/ahead etc
>>Suddenly a mountain loomed up in front of them.
+ Hiên ra lờ mờ
/ prə'pəʊnənt /
- Someone who supports something or persuades people to do something SYN advocate → opponent
Steinem has always been a strong proponent of women’s rights.
+ Người đề xuất, người khởi xướng
/ prɪ'pɒndərəns /
- If there is a preponderance of people or things of a particular type in a group, there are more of that type than of any other :
>>There is a preponderance of female students in the music department.
+ Sự vượt trội hơn, ưu thế hơn
/ ru:'ti:nli /
- If something is routinely done, it is done as a normal part of a process or job SYN regularly:
>>This vaccine is already routinely used.
+ Thông thường, thường lệ
/ 'tɜ:rn,oʊvər /
1. The amount of business done during a particular period
>>The illicit drugs industry has an annual turnover of some £200 billion.
2. the rate at which a particular kind of goods is sold
>>Tri-Star’s fast turnover of stock
3. The rate at which people leave an organization and are replaced by others
>>Low pay accounts for the high turnover.
+ Doanh số, doanh thu, sự xoay vòng hàng hoá