/ kɒɡ'nɪʃən /
- The process of knowing, understanding, and learning something SYN thought :
>>the regions of the brain that are responsible for memory and cognition
+ Nhận thức
/ kaʊntər'ækt /
- To reduce or prevent the bad effect of something, by doing something that has the opposite effect :
>>They gave him drugs to counteract his withdrawal symptoms.
— counteraction / -ækʃən /
+ Trống lại, kháng lại
/ dɪmenʃə /
- An illness that affects the brain and memory, and makes you gradually lose the ability to think and behave normally
+ Chứng mất trí
/ dɪ'tɪəriəreɪt /
- To become worse :
Ethel’s health has deteriorated.
— deterioration / dɪtɪərɪ'reɪʃən /
+ Xa đoạ, làm giảm giá trị, làm xấu đi
/ 'daɪəɡnəʊz /
- To find out what illness someone has, or what the cause of a fault is, after doing tests, examinations etc
diagnose somebody as (having) something
>>Joe struggled in school before he was diagnosed as dyslexic.
diagnose something as something
>>The illness was diagnosed as mumps.
diagnose somebody with something
>>She was diagnosed with breast cancer.
+ Chuẩn đoán
/ dɪs'ɔdər /
- A mental or physical illness which prevents part of your body from working properly
>>He suffers from a rare disorder of the liver.
+ Rối loạn
/ ɪm'peə /
- To damage something or make it not as good as it should be:
>>The illness had impaired his ability to think and concentrate.
+ Làm suy yếu, làm sút kém
/ 'reɡjʊleɪt /
1. To control an activity or process, especially by rules :
>>strict rules regulating the use of chemicals in food
2. To make a machine or your body work at a particular speed, temperature etc :
>>People sweat to regulate their body heat.
+ Điều chỉnh
/ 'rəʊdənt /
- Any small animal of the type that has long sharp front teeth, such as a rat or a rabbit
+ Loại gặm nhấm
/ 'speɪʃəl /
- Relating to the position, size, shape etc of things
— spatially adverb
+ (Thuộc) không gian
/ 'stɪmjʊleɪt /
1. To encourage or help an activity to begin or develop further OPP suppress
stimulate growth/demand/the economy etc
>>the President’s plan to stimulate economic growth
2 to encourage someone by making them excited about and interested in something :
stimulate somebody to do something
>>An inspiring teacher can stimulate students to succeed.
— stimulative / -leɪtɪv / adjective
— stimulation / stɪmjʊ'leɪʃ ə n / noun
+ Kích thích, kích động, khuyến khích
Stave off [pv]
/ steɪv /
- To keep someone or something from reaching you or affecting you for a period of time :
>>She brought some fruit on the journey to stave off hunger .
+ Ngăn chặn, phòng ngừa