What are the 6 main branches off of the axillary artery?
1) Highest (Superior) Thoracic Artery
2) Thorocoacromial Artery
3) Lateral Thoracic Artery
4) Subscapular Artery
5) Posterior Circumflex Artery
6) Anterior Circumflex Artery
What does the superior thoracic artery supply?
The first 2 intercostal spaces
What are the 4 branches off of the thorocoacromial trunk?
What does the lateral thoracic artery supply?
What are the two branches off of the subscapular artery and what do they supply?
1) Thorocodorsal Artery
- supplies the latissimis dorsi
2) Circumflex Scapular Artery
- wraps around the lateral border of the scapula where it anastomoses with the suprascapular artery to supply the muscles there
What does the posterior and anterior circumflex arteries do?
They wrap around the neck of the humerus, bot posteriorly and anteriorly. They anastomose in the back
What are the 3 main superficial veins of the upper limb?
1) Cephalic Vein (lateral)
2) Basilic Vein (medial)
3) Median (joins the cephalic and basilic veins)
What is the inly vein to pass over the pectoralis minor?
What are the 2 dorsal scapular arteries?
- forms networks on the anterior and posterior surfaces of the scapula
3 Branches of the Brachial Artery
1) Profunda Brachii (passes down radial groove with radial nerve)
2) Radial Artery (lateral)
3) Ulna Artery (medial)