Flashcards in Texture Deck (6)
- One melodic line, unaccompanied.
- Like all textures, can be used consistently, or to create contrast.
- One melodic focus, the parts subordinate.
- All moving in same rhythm, or single melody with chordal or patterned accompaniment.
- Polyphony as opposed to monophony (homophony is a type of polyphony under this definition).
- Specifically, as a texture in which two or more melodies sound simultaneously.
- Polyphonic music is contrapuntal.
Polyphonic music is ___.
Copies same melody at different time.