Flashcards in Vocab 1,281 - 1,300 Deck (20):
1) to make a humming or buzzing noise.
1) sudden / striking as with lightning.
1) a field of work or occupation.
1) shining brilliantly / gleaming / splendid: troops resplendent in white uniforms; resplendent virtues.
1) a case or bag to carry clothing in while traveling, especially a leather trunk or suitcase that opens into two halves.
1) a unified whole: an MC is more than the gestalt of his lyrics.
1) to confuse: politicians befuddling the public with campaign promises.
1) a vote on such a measure.
1) a collection of selected writings by one or various authors: an anthology of Elizabethan drama.
1) a sudden, unpredictable change, as of one's mind or the weather: With the caprice of a despotic king, he alternated between kindness and cruelty.
1) to mislead / cheat / deceiving: I was beguiled of money.
1) having sawlike teeth: the serrated blade of a bread knife.
1) strong or violent change or disturbance: the upheaval of war.
1) to explain in detail: to expound theories.
1) to irritate / distress / plague: His noisy neighbors often vexed him.
1) a certain nonchalance, designed to conceal whatever one does / says appear to be without effort and almost without any thought about it.
1) to be widespread or to succeed: Silence prevailed along the funeral route.
1) a small quantity or amount of anything: She's still a trifle angry.