Flashcards in Vocab 901 - 920 Deck (20):
-- adjective / noun
1) tending to correct or rectify: corrective exercises.
-- correctively, adverb
-- noncorrective, adjective, noun
-- noncorrectively, adverb
-- uncorrective, adjective
1) a harmonious relationship: a rapprochement reached between warring factions.
1) to veer or stray from: We have decided to derogate from the agreed plan of action.
1) a conversational exchange or dialogue.
1) Scope: This is beyond of the purview of our agreement.
1) to remove: to extricate someone from a dangerous situation.
1) having by nature a specified character: a congenital fool.
1) a diminishment or reduction.
1) to improve accuracy (of a firearm).
1) relating to or denoting an statement by means of which the speaker performs a particular act (ex: I bet, I apologize, I promise ).
1) a state of quarrelsome disagreement
1) behavior, speech, or writing that is artificial and designed to impress: the affectation of wealth.
-- noun / verb
1) an opinion formed on the basis of incomplete information: conjectures about the newcomer were many and varied.
1) belonging naturally or essential: access to the arts is intrinsic to a high quality of life.
1) forming a very small remnant of something that was once much larger or more noticeable: he felt a vestigial flicker of anger from last night.
1) endless: we got bogged down in interminable discussions.
1) to come in conflict with/oppose: to contravene a statement.
1) The nutritive matter surrounding an embryo.
1) a self-taught person.