Flashcards in Vocab 1,601 - 1,620 Deck (20):
1) A person with superior knowledge and understanding of a particular field, especially in the fine arts, literature, and world of fashion.
1) pleasantly calm or peaceful; unruffled; tranquil; serenely quiet or undisturbed: placid waters.
1) readily perceived by the eye or the understanding; evident; obvious; apparent; plain: a manifest error.
1) to echo or ring with sound, as a place: His name resounds in the pages of history.
1) exulting; highly elated; jubilant; triumphant.
-- noun, plural praxes [prak-seez]
1) practice, as distinguished from theory; application or use, as of knowledge or skills.
1) to sip: Sup from the chalice of knowledge.
1) exercising prudence.
1) giving/capable of giving out a deep, resonant sound: a sonorous cavern.
1) division into two mutually exclusive groups: a dichotomy between thought and action.
1) a plane figure having four angles and four sides, as a square.
1) preceding; prior: an antecedent event.
a building, as a prison, hospital, library, or the like, so arranged that all parts of the interior are visible from a single point.
1) a gadget or device: What is this gismo supposed to do?
1) to revise or edit.
1) enormous, gigantic.
1) to come into conflict/entangled with: The business had fallen afoul of the new government regulations.
1) to fill or inflame with love: to be enamored of a certain lady.
1) unselfishly concerned for or devoted to the welfare of others.