Flashcards in Vocab 1,721 - 1,740 Deck (20):
1) free from or cleaned of germs and other microorganisms.
1) very dangerous or harmful in influence or effect.
1) a thin layer of some material.
1) courteous/gracious/friendly/warm: a cordial reception.
1) a different form or version of something: He designed the previous iteration of our logo.
1) profit/salary/fees/compensation for services: Tips are an emolument in addition to wages.
-- adverb, Latin.
1) among other things: It contained, inter alia, an account of my expenditures up to its time of writing.
1) to make perfect.
1) the state of being first in order, rank, importance, etc.: Over the past 40 years, technology has slowly eroded the business model and primacy of the NYSE.
1) a person who has the sole or absolute power of judging or determining.
1) careful and painstaking/particular/meticulous; scrupulous: conscientious application to the work at hand.
verb / noun
1) to dishearten thoroughly: The surprise attack dismayed the enemy.
-- noun / adjective
1) a person who secretly supports/adheres to something.
2) secret or hidden: a crypto Nazi.
1) to establish by proof or competent evidence: to substantiate a charge.
1) annoying/irritating/exasperating/tiresome: irksome restrictions.
1) of keen penetration or discernment; sagacious:
an astute analysis.
1) a heated or angry dispute/argument/controversy.
1) to think fully or deeply about: to contemplate a difficult problem.
1) the direct vote of all the members of an electorate on an important public question such as a change in the constitution: a plebiscite for the approval of constitutional reforms.