Flashcards in Vocab 1,481 - 1,500 Deck (20):
1) shameful; disgraceful: inglorious retreat.
1) containing error/wrong: an erroneous answer.
1) free from or unaffected by passion: a dispassionate critic.
1) to settle or determine judicially.
1) with suspicion/mistrust/disapproval: He looked askance at my offer.
1) to move with a wavelike motion (sine wave): The flag undulates in the breeze.
1) Anything, as an organization or real estate, owned or controlled by one dominant person or group.
1) to prevent, hinder, or thwart by action in advance: to forestall a riot by deploying police.
1) to act or interpose on behalf of someone in difficulty or trouble: to intercede with the governor for a condemned man.
1) a feeling of doubt, distrust, or apprehension.
1) to consider or treat as sacrosanct or holy: They canonized his many verbal foibles and made them gospel.
1) into separate parts/pieces: Lightning split the old oak tree asunder.
1) to eagerly wish for or desire wrongfully without regard for the rights of others: to covet another's property.
-- verb / adjective
1) to link together; unite in a series or chain.
1) tediousness: A 3rd night in hospital for Kate tonight, but the tedium was relieved by a visit from her brother.
1) to bewilder or confuse (someone).
1) very disorganized/messy/confused: I’ve had a shambolic year, the worst ever.
a small stream; streamlet; brook.
1) lack of unity or accord.