Flashcards in 2.4 Catalase Enzyme Experiment Deck (15):
What is the IV in this experiment?
What is the DV in this experiment?
Volume of O2
What are other variables that need to be controlled?
1. Set up boiling tubes with same volume and concentration of what?
1. How do you keep PH constant, what does this do?
Adding buffer solution
Resists changes in PH when small amounts of acids and alkalis are added
2. What apparatus is set up to measure volume of O2 production?
Delivery tube and upside down measuring cylinder
3. Each boiling tube containing hydrogen peroxide is put where?
3. What is different about each water bath?
Each set to different temperature
3. What else is put in a water bath other than hydrogen peroxide solution?
Tube containing catalase
3. How long do you wait for each enzyme to reach set temperature before removing from water bath?
4. Then use a pipette to add what?
The same volume and concentration of catalase to each tube
5. The record O2 production in the ...
First minute reaction
6. How many times do you repeat the experiment?
3 times at each temperature
6. What do you then use the results to calculate?
Mean O2 production at each temperature