Flashcards in Cardiovascular Disease and Depression Deck (7)
_____ increases the risk of coronary artery disease
by 1.5-2.0 times in otherwise physically healthy individuals.
Depression increases the risk of coronary artery disease
by _____ times in otherwise physically healthy individuals.
What physiologic derangements are assoc with depression?
_____ accounted for a significant portion of the risk of cardiovascular mortality due to depressive symptoms in older adults.
Depressed pts are 2-4x less likely to?
1. adhere to meds
2. follow lifestyle recommendations
3. practice self-mgmt.
4. receive recommended testing
Depression tx improves which physiologic markers?
1. Significant decreases in platelet activation markers
2. Improved heart rate variability
3. Reduced inflammatory markers
4. Normalized brain serotonin turnover