_____ increases the risk of coronary artery disease
by 1.5-2.0 times in otherwise physically healthy individuals.
Depression increases the risk of coronary artery disease
by _____ times in otherwise physically healthy individuals.
What physiologic derangements are assoc with depression?
_____ accounted for a significant portion of the risk of cardiovascular mortality due to depressive symptoms in older adults.
Depressed pts are 2-4x less likely to?
- adhere to meds
- follow lifestyle recommendations
- practice self-mgmt.
- receive recommended testing
Depression tx improves which physiologic markers?
- Significant decreases in platelet activation markers
- Improved heart rate variability
- Reduced inflammatory markers
- Normalized brain serotonin turnover
What are the first line depression txs?
2. Bupropion (Wellbutrin)