Flashcards in ELECTRICAL Panel Deck (28):
When performing the Preliminary Cockpit Preparation, if the aircraft has not been electrically supplied for 6
hours or more, what is the minimum Battery Voltage?
Greater than 25.5 Volts
What do you do if it is 25.5V or below?
Select BATT pb’s to ON with EXT PWR on aircraft
How long will it take to charge the batteries?
Will the batteries completely drain if you leave the BAT switches in AUTO after AC power is removed?
No. Battery cut-off logic prevents complete discharge when the aircraft is on the ground and unpowered
How is the BATTERY BUS normally powered?
DC BUS 1 through a DC tie contactor
What does the amber FAULT light in the GALLEY pb indicate?
At least 1 generator load is above 100% rated output
How does the GALLEY pb work in AUTO?
• Sheds main galley (A319/320), all galleys (A321), and in-seat power supply if:
- Only 1 generator (APU or Engine) is available in FLIGHT, or
- Only 1 ENGINE generator is available on the GROUND
What is the max continuous load rating of the engine and APU generators?
What does a FAULT on the ENG GEN pb indicate?
• A fault is detected by the GCU, and/or
• The generator line contactor is open
When is it normal to see the ENG GEN FAULT light illuminated?
Prior to engine start
What does the APU GEN FAULT light indicate?
The generator line contactor is open
When is the APU GEN FAULT light inhibited?
• APU speed too low
• Line contactor OPEN after EXT PWR or ENG Generator takes over
What is the function of the BUS TIE in the AUTO position?
Allows the BUS TIE CONTACTORS to open and close automatically to maintain power to both AC BUS 1 & 2:
• Allows a single source to power the entire system
• Allows connection of the APU GEN or EXT PWR to the system
• Inhibits multiple sources connected simultaneously
What does IDG stand for?
Integrated Drive Generator
What is the function of the IDG?
Converts variable engine speed to constant speed for optimum generator operation
What does an IDG FAULT light indicate?
• Oil pressure low (inhibited when N2 < 14%)
• Oil outlet temperature overheat
• Light is inhibited when IDG is disconnected
What precautions must you take when disconnecting an IDG?
• Do not disconnect when the engine is not operating or windmilling
• Do not hold button longer than 3 seconds
• Only maintenance personnel can reconnect the IDG
What is the function of the AC ESS FEED pb in the normal position?
If AC BUS 1 is lost AC BUS 2 automatically feeds the AC ESS BUS
What does the AC ESS FEED pb white ALT light indicate?
The AC ESS BUS is supplied by AC BUS 2
What is the purpose of the static inverter?
To provide AC power to the AC ESS bus from the battery when operating in the Emergency Electrical
When is the battery check performed?
During the Cockpit Prep check of the ELEC panel
What does a BAT FAULT light indicate?
Battery charging current is outside
During the Cockpit Preparation, what are we looking for on the ELEC panel BAT check?
• ECAM ELEC page – select
• BAT 1 & 2 – OFF then ON
• Check BATT charge current is < 60 amps and decreasing within 10 seconds
limits (BAT contactor opens).
What are the 3 times the batteries are connected to the BATTERY BUS?
• APU start
• Battery charging
• AC BUS 1 & 2 not powered and airspeed below 100 knots
What is the priority sequence for electrical power?
• 1. Engine Generators
• 2. EXT PWR
• 3. APU Generator
• 4. RAT Emergency Generator
• 5. Batteries
What is the priority sequence for AC Bus 1?
• 1. GEN 1
• 2. EXT PWR.
• 3. APU
• 4. GEN 2
With the APU green AVAIL light ON and the EXT PWR blue ON light illuminated, which system is powering the