Flashcards in EMER ELEC PWR Panel Deck (15):
What buses are powered by the emergency generator?
• AC ESS and AC ESS SHED
• DC ESS and DC ESS SHED
What does the RAT & EMER GEN red fault light indicate?
• Loss of AC GEN BUS 1 & 2,
• Airspeed above 100 knots, and
• Emergency generator not supplying AC power
What is the function of the RAT & EMER GEN pb?
• AUTO – RAT will automatically extend if AC BUS 1 & 2 are not powered and airspeed > 100 knots
• MAN - extend the RAT at any time
How long does it take the RAT to extend and provide power?
8 seconds (3 seconds for RAT extension, 5 seconds to pressurize the Blue hydraulic system and power the EMER GEN)
What does the red FAULT light on the RAT & EMER GEN pb indicate?
Normal AC is lost and the emergency generator is not supplying power
When should the red FAULT light on the RAT & EMER GEN pb be expected?
During the 8 second RAT deployment and power up
What powers the emergency generator?
Blue hydraulic power from the RAT
What is the output of the Emergency Generator?
Is there another way to deploy the RAT?
Yes, from the HYD panel
What is different about RAT deployment from HYD panel?
Blue HYD pressure only – NO generator
Do pilots ever use the EMER GEN TEST pb?
No – maintenance function only
What happens when you push the GEN 1 LINE pb?
• The GEN 1 Line Contactor opens and the white OFF light illuminates
• AC BUS 1 is powered by GEN 2 through the BUS TIE CONTACTOR
• GEN 1 powers 1 fuel pump in each wing tank
When is the GEN 1 LINE pb used?
What does the SMOKE light in the GEN 1 LINE pb indicate?
Smoke detected in the avionics ventilation ducting