Flashcards in FORWARD INSTRUMENT PANEL Deck (26):
What is the function of the 2 Landing Gear Control and Interface Units (LGCIU)?
• Provide sequencing, operation, monitoring, and indications for the landing gear
• Provide aircraft “In Flight” or “On the Ground” signals to other aircraft systems
What hydraulic system powers the landing gear and doors?
After Emergency Landing Gear Gravity Extension, what other system is affected?
Nose wheel steering will be inoperative
Is normal hydraulic power available to the gear after Emergency Landing Gear Gravity Extension?
When does the red arrow in the LND panel illuminate?
Below 750 feet RA, when the aircraft is in the landing configuration and the landing gear is not locked down
What happens if your airspeed is 280 knots and you place the Landing Gear lever to DOWN?
Nothing. A safety valve shuts off hydraulic power to the landing gear system when airspeed is above 260 knots
What do the red UNLK lights indicate?
The landing gear is not locked in the selected position
What controls the LDG GEAR lights?
If LGCIU 1 fails will the lights still work?
Yes, as long as LGCIU is still electrically supplied
What controls and manages all braking functions?
The Brake and Steering Control Unit (BSCU)
What happens when you switch the A/SKID & N/W STRG to OFF?
• Lose Nosewheel steering
• Braking is powered by the Yellow system
• Anti-skid is deactivated
Which hydraulic systems provide pressure to the brakes?
• Normal brakes – Green
• Alternate brakes – Yellow backed up by a hydraulic accumulator
When do the Autobrakes activate on landing if armed?
When the ground spoilers deploy
What is the difference between LOW and MED AUTO BRK?
• LOW – progressive pressure applied to brakes 4 seconds after ground spoilers deploy to decelerate at 5.6 FPS
• MED - progressive pressure applied to brakes 2 seconds after ground spoilers deploy to decelerate at 9.8 FPS
What does the AUTO BRK green DECEL light indicate?
Actual rate of deceleration is within 80% of the selected rate
What is the Takeoff setting for Auto Brakes?
What will cause the MAX AUTO BRK to activate on a RTO?
• Airspeed above 72 knots, and
• Thrust Levers at IDLE, and
• Ground spoiler extension
What two malfunctions will cause the loss of normal braking?
• Loss of both BSCU channels
• Loss of Green Hydraulic System
If you lose Green hydraulic pressure will you have Auto Brakes?
No, not with the Alternate Brake system
Is Anti-skid available with Alternate Brakes?
Yes, if at least one BSCU channel is available
With spoilers not armed will the spoilers deploy for an RTO?
Yes – when at least one engine is in reverse
How many brake applications are available with accumulator pressure?
Approximately 7 full applications
What is the maximum brake temperature for takeoff?
When should the brake fans (if installed) be selected to ON?
If temperature is likely to exceed 500°C, select BRK FAN to ON
What does the BRAKES & ACCU PRESS triple indicator indicate?
• Yellow hydraulic pressure delivered to the left and right brakes
• Yellow system brake accumulator pressure