Flashcards in ENG Panel Deck (6):
What are the primary differences between a manual and a normal automatic start?
• The FADEC provides full monitoring during a manual start and will provide appropriate ECAM cautions and
procedures to follow in the event of a start fault
• Automatic start interruption and auto-crank are not available
With the ENG MODE selector in IGN/START what occurs when you press the ENG MAN START pb?
• The start valve opens
• Both pack flow control valves close
Will the start valve then automatically close?
Yes, at N2> 43%.
When would you use a manual start?
• After a failed auto start (stall, EGT over limit, no N1 rotation, hung start)
• A mature engine
• Hot/high conditions
• Low starting air pressure
• Tail wind
When is EGT protection available?
During a normal automatic start on the ground