Flashcards in ENGINE/WARNING DISPLAY Deck (9):
What are Class I ECAM messages?
Any amber or Red message displayed in the lower left portion of the EWD
What are the 3 levels of Class I ECAM messages?
• WARNINGS – Associated with the red MASTER WARN light, CRC, and require immediate action
• CAUTIONS – Associated with the amber MASTER CAUT light, single chime, and require crew awareness
• ALERTS – Associated with amber E/WD message, no aural signal, and requires crew monitoring
If simultaneous failures occur, how will they be presented to the crew?
A level 3 Warning has priority over a level 2 Caution which has priority over a level 1 Alert
What does the appearance of a green arrow indicate at the bottom of the E/WD screen indicate?
Information has overflowed off the screen and the pilot must scroll down using the CLR pb on the ECAM panel
What does the display of T.O. INHIBIT or LDG INHIBIT indicate?
Most warnings and cautions are inhibited to avoid unnecessary distractions during critical phases of flight
What types of warnings are NOT inhibited during takeoff?
• ENGINE FIRE
• APU FIRE
• ENG FAIL (ENG SHUT DOWN)
• ENG OIL LO PR
• L+R EVEV FAULT
• A/P OFF
• FWC 1+2 FAULT
What are the Takeoff Configuration Warnings/Cautions?
• SLATS/FLAPS NOT IN T.O. RANGE
• PITCH TRIM NOT IN T.O. RANGE
• SPEED BRAKES NOT RETRACTED
• SIDESTICK FAULT
• HOT BRAKES
• DOOR NOT CLOSED
• PARK BRAKE ON
• FLEX TEMP NOT SET (unless thrust levers in TOGA detent)
When does the Takeoff Memo appear?
• 2 minutes after the 2nd engine is started or when the T.O. CONFIG TEST pb is pressed with one engine
• Memo is removed when takeoff power is applied