Flashcards in Primary Flight Display Deck (26):
What does each column mean on the PFD?
A/THR | VERTICAL | LATERAL | APPROACH CAPABILIY, DH/MDA | AP, FD, A/THR ENGAGEMENT STATUS
How is the crew made aware of mode changes on the FMA?
A white box is temporarily displayed around the new indication
How are armed modes displayed on the FMA?
• Blue – armed
• Magenta – armed because of a constraint
• Green - engaged
When is the side stick position indication icon (white cross) displayed?
• Displayed when the first engine is started
• Disappears at liftoff
What does side stick position indication icon indicate?
Summed side stick inputs
What would large red arrowheads indicate?
Pitch attitude of +30°
After you input the destination and ILS information into the MCDU, what do you check for?
• After the ILS pb is pressed, green light
• ILS frequency and course on PFD
• ILS identifier once identified
• LOC and GS scales displayed on PFD
What does MAN PITCH TRIM ONLY in red mean?
You are in Mechanical Backup.
What does USE MANUAL PITCH TRIM in amber mean?
You are in Direct Law
What are the pitch and roll angle limits indicated by the green = signs?
• Pitch: +30° up/-15° down
• Roll: +/- 67°
How can you determine you are in Alternate Law?
• Amber x’s at the pitch (30° UP/15° DN) and bank (67°) limits
• Only Vls and Vsw is displayed on the airspeed scale
When would the sideslip index change from yellow to blue?
In case of an engine failure during takeoff/go-around, it becomes a blue beta target
What does the yellow speed trend line on the airspeed display indicate?
The speed the aircraft will reach in 10 seconds if acceleration/deceleration remains constant
What is the difference between the magenta and blue target airspeeds?
• Magenta – Managed speed computed by the FMGC
• Blue – Selected speed on the FCU
What is VLS and how is it displayed?
• Represents lowest selectable speed providing an appropriate margin to the stall speed
• Defined by the top of the amber strip along the airspeed scale
• In approach mode is equivalent to VREF
What speed does VMAX represent and how is it displayed?
• It is the lowest of VMO/MMO, VLE, or VFE
• Defined by the bottom of a red and black strip along the speed scale
What is Green Dot speed?
• Engine out operating speed in clean configuration
• Appears when the aircraft is in the clean configuration
• Corresponds to the best lift-to-drag ratio
What is Ground Speed Mini?
• Based on a calculated groundspeed at the runway
• Protects against actual groundspeed dropping below this calculated groundspeed
What does it mean when you see the magenta target airspeed triangle above Vapp on approach?
Ground Speed Mini has increased speed due to a higher headwind component at your present location than what
was calculated at the runway
Is this protection available in selected speed?
No – Managed speed only
What would be indicated if the altitude window changed from yellow to amber?
The aircraft has deviated from the FCU selected altitude or flight level
When is altitude alerting automatically inhibited in flight?
• When slats are extended with the landing gear down
• On approach after glide slope capture
What does it mean when the altitude digits change from green to amber?
The aircraft has descended below the MDA/DH entered into the FMGC
When is Radio Height displayed on the PFD?
Below 2,500 feet
Information from ILS receiver 1 is displayed where?
• Captain’s PFD
• F/O’s ND