Any solid substance in the state of fine, loose particles as produced by crushing or grinding.
States of Powder
Compressed powder more commonly associated with its use in flat, round, or rectangular containers called a compact applied with:
- Soft brush
Free particles in a bottle applied with a:
- Atomizer (Powder Blower)
Cosmetics with a vehicle of oil or grease.
- Any type which will not dry by evaporation.
Powder is applied to:
- To supply a small amount of color to the nude skin in conjunction with the rouging of warm color areas.
- To supply color when internal color has been injected.
- To add color or to reduce a color when external cosmetics are used.
Uses of Powder
Slightly deeper than the skin.
lightly coat the skin with massage cream.
To make powder cling
The powder should either duplicate that color or be slightly lighter.
When applying a tinting power upon complexion colorant.
A condition which may occur when pigment powder is applied to an oil or grease based cosmetic.
- A deepening of the color
- Blotches of heavier coloring
A "Powder Fault" may appear as: