Flashcards in TRICK QUESTIONS Deck (12)
L132 IS 2ND DUE TRUCK FOR A 1ST FLOOR FIRE IN A FOUR WINDOW FRONT 4 STORY ROWFRAME, WHERE DOES L132 INSIDE TEAM OPERATE?
++For all fires other than top floor fires, the Inside Team and Outside Team will operate on the floors above the fire floor.++
For fires on top floor:
1. In Brownstone type(3 WINDOWS), split the company and examine exposures for extension in the cockloft. The inside team should operate in the most severely threatened exposure.
2. In OLT type(4 WINDOWS), the inside team will proceed to the top floor of the fire building and be responsible for VEIS of the adjoining apartment, including examination of the cockloft. In both situations described above, the Ladder Company Officer can assign the chauffeur to an exposure, when they are no longer needed at the aerial or for other laddering operations on the front of the building
WHAT TOOLS SHOULD THE 2ND DUE CAN FF CONSIDER AT A TOP FLOOR FIRE IN A BROWNSTONE TYPE ROWFRAME?
++Consideration should be given to the extinguisher firefighter taking two 6' hooks in lieu of the pressurized water extinguisher.++
E287 IS STRETCHING THE 2ND HOSELINE AT A 1ST FLOOR FIRE IN A BROWNSTONE TYPE ROWFRAME BUILDING, IF NOT NEEDED TO BACK UP THE 1ST LINE, WHERE SHOULD CPT. SITLER OF E287 HAVE HIS MEN STRETCH THIS 2ND HOSELINE?
2ND FLOOR (PARLOR/UP FRONT STOOP)
++In a Brownstone type Row Frame, the first hoseline shall be stretched through the front door on the first floor to extinguish the fire. The second hoseline, if not needed to back up the first hoseline, shall be stretched through the front door on the second (parlor) floor to maintain the integrity of the interior stairs.++
AT A VACANT ROWFRAME BUILDING FIRE IN A ROW OF OCCUPIED ROWFRAMES, WHERE IS THE ONLY PLACE THE 1ST LINE WILL NOT BE STRETCHED TO?
INTO FIRE BUILDING
Vacant Buildings in a Row of Occupied Frames
1 The first to arrive engine company should drop two hoselines: one a 3 ½" line to supply a TL, and a hoseline to enter the most severe exposure.
2. First hoseline First hoseline is stretched to most severe exposure.
3. Second hoseline If not needed to back up the first hoseline, shall be stretched to the fire building or to the opposite exposure.
4. Third hoseline Stretched to the fire building or to the opposite exposure, depending on where the second hoseline was stretched.
5. Fourth hoseline As ordered by the Incident Commander.
L136 IS 1ST DUE TO A TOP FLOOR FIRE IN A BROWNSTONE, WHERE DOES THE OVM OPERATE AND WHAT ARE HIS TOOL ASSIGNMENTS?
ROOF OF BROWNSTONE - ACCESSED VIA 1. 1ST AERIAL (SET UP ON EXPOSURE) 2. 2ND AERIAL 3. ADJOINING THAT PROVIDES EASIEST ACCESS
OVM TOOL ASSIGNMENT: (TOP FLOOR BROWNSTONE)
WHAT IS THE TOOL ASSIGNMENT FOR A 1ST DUE OVM AT A FIRE IN A BROWNSTONE?
AN OVM WANTS TO VENT THE 2ND FLOOR WINDOWS AT A BROWNSTONE FIRE, WHAT TOOL WOULD ACCOMPLISH THIS TASK?
10 FT. HOOK
++When necessary to vent the second floor, the option of utilizing a 10-foot hook will assure venting of both upper and lower panes of 2nd floor level while placing the member out of range of falling glass.++
AT A BROWNSTONE FIRE, WHO ASSISTS THE LCC WITH SETTING UP THE AERIAL?
++Note: When using aerial for access to roof, have the roof firefighter assist the chauffeur in setting up the apparatus for the operation.++
L136 HAS ARRIVED 1ST DUE AT A TAXPAYER FIRE IN ELMHURST. THE LCC HAS POSITIONED HIS RIG AWAY FROM THE BUILDING AND IS GATHERING HIS TOOLS TO JOIN THE FORCIBLE ENTRY TEAM IN THE BUILDING WHEN HE HEARS THE TRANSMISSION THAT FIRE HAS ENTERED THE COCKLOFT. WHAT IS HIS POSITION AT THIS FIRE NOW?
•1ST DUE LCC AND FIRE ENTERS THE COCLOFT @ TAXPAYER FIRE GOES TO THE ROOF TO HELP W/VENTILATION
++Join the forcible entry team. If fire extends to the cockloft, proceed to the roof to assist roof firefighter.++
AT TAXPAYER STORE/COCKLOFT FIRE WHERE DOES THE 2ND DUE OVM GO IF THE 1ST OPTION OF TEAMING UP W/1ST DUE OVM IS NOT DONE?
•TO THE ROOF
Taxpayer store/COCKLOFT fires
2nd Outside Vent Firefighter (OV)
a. Team up with the 1st ladder OV
b. Proceed to the roof or other position as directed.
L132 IS THE 1ST DUE AERIAL LADDER AT A FIRE IN BROWNSTONE IN CROWN HEIGHTS. THE LCC HAS JUST POSITIONED THE AERIAL LADDER TO THE ROOF, THE ROOF MAN OF L132 HAS INDICATED THAT THERE IS NO NEED FOR LSR OPS. WHAT IS L132'S LCC NEXT MOVE?
•POSITION AERIAL LADDER AT TOP FLOOR FOR VEIS
1ST ARRIVING LADDER LCC DUTIES BROWNSTONE BUILDING:
•PREPARE RIG FOR COMPLETE COVERAGE (NOTIFY I.C. IF UNABLE)
•RAISE AERIAL TO ROOF & WAIT FOR ROOF SIZE UP (BECAUSE MOST BROWNSTONES DO NOT HAVE FIRE ESCAPE)
•LSR OP-PROCEED TO ROOF TO ASSIST
•NO LSR-POSITION AERIAL TO TOP FLOOR WINDOWS FOR VEIS, TEAM UP WITH 2ND LCC