Flashcards in SAFETY BULLETIN 3 - PARKING ON AFID Deck (3)
ON AFID, WHERE ARE THE 5 PLACES THAT YOU AS THE CHAUFFEUR SHOULD NOT PARK THE APPARATUS?
ON AFID, DO NOT:
1. Double park.
2. Park in bus stops.
3. Park alongside building materials located beyond the sidewalk at construction or demolition sites.
4. Have all or part of the apparatus extending into an intersection.
5. Block the flow of vehicular traffic.
ON AFID, WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SELECTING THE PARKING SPOT OF THE APPARATUS?
OFFICER ON DUTY
1. Shall select the parking site and have members assist the chauffeur in the parking operation. This same assistance shall be given to the chauffeur when leaving any parking space.
2. Shall instruct and train chauffeur in safe and proper parking habits, taking advantage of actual on-the-road conditions.
3. Should use space near hydrants for parking, if necessary.
4. Shall see that apparatus is positioned to eliminate any delay or difficulty in response to alarms.