Flashcards in iPass - Ad & Site Quality Deck (16):
An advertiser opts to see figures for invalid clicks within her campaign statistics table.
Answer: The clicks displayed in the column were
filtered from the account before accumulating a charge
Andy is advertising his latest 'Get rich quick' scheme, but he is finding that it is costing a lot to advertise because of low Quality Scores. What is a likely reason for this
His content is not original, and his product type is more likely to merit low Quality Scores
Get Rich Quick sites are one niche that is more likely to get low Quality Scores as a rule.
What are some examples of the 'Don't make misleading claims'
1. Promote products with realistic, credible, and reasonable claims. For example, don't promote "get rich quick" programs.
2. Provide users with accurate information about the risks associated with their product or service.
3. Include links to third-party verification and/or include relevant and easy to find disclaimers when testimonials and endorsements imply that results are typical
4. Include links to third-party accreditation/endorsement where affiliation is implied – for example, if a website claims to be affiliated with a governmental agency, a link to verification of this affiliation should be included. Use of "gov" or "government" in display URLs and/or use of government emblems may imply affiliation with a government agency and should be verified.
Would decreased ad rank be a valid reason for more clicks than usual
Does google hate pop-ups
Yes, very much.
With a landing page should the landing page have a pop up
Understanding landing page experience
With landing pages what does the word transparency and trustworthiness mean.
1. Make it easy for visitors to find your contact information.
2. If you request personal information from customers, make it clear why you’re asking for it and what you’ll do with it.
3. Distinguish sponsored links, like ads, from the rest of your site content.
4. Openly share information about your business and clearly state what your business does.
What can you do to Monitoring invalid clicks yourself
1. Track invalid clicks in your account statistics: add the invalid click data columns to your campaign statistics table
2. Optimize your account: Your first line of defense against invalid activity is to optimize your account so your ads receive only the most targeted clicks and impressions.
3. Monitor your account with Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a free tool that helps you monitor various aspects of your AdWords account, including conversion rate, visitor behavior, and campaign performance.
4. Monitor conversion rates on the Display Network: For campaigns opted into the Display Network, monitor your ads' conversion rates on Display Network sites with the placement report
Which of these is not a category for family status
b. Non-Family Safe
c. Family Safe
d. Child Safe
What happens if you have AdWords accounts Double serving
Google will notify advertisers if they violate this policy. Multiple violations may result in penalties, including account suspension.
What are some things that Google looks at when Double Serving is suspected
1. Common product offering
2. Similar Pricing
3. Similar customer support experience
What is the main purpose of Google’s double-serving policy?
Google's double-serving policy does not allow advertisers to have multiple accounts, running the same ads for the same businesses
Can exclamations be on the TITLE of an Ad
NO not on the TITLE!!!!
Does the maximum CPC affect the "Keyword" Quality Score
No it does not. The "keyword" has nothing to do with the Max CPC
AdWords uses the dynamic variable _____ to evaluate keyword relevance.