Flashcards in einstein device library Deck (29):
What type of coax cable is recommended for best performance for a modem/ eMTA?
A high-quality RG-6 type coax cable
How do you make an Ethernet Connection?
Connect one end of the yellow Ethernet cable to the yellow port on the back of the Telephony Modem labeled “Ethernet 10/100,” (D) and the other end to the Ethernet port on a computer, hub, or broadband router.
For a battery indicator on an Arris TM702G, if the battery indicator is in the "Off" position, what would this indicate?
Battery is missing or eMTA is not registered
Explain what it means when a "Telephone" indicator on an Arris TM702G eMTA is On, Flashing, and Off.
On- Telephony service on the line has been activated but is not in use Flashing - Telephony service on the line is in use Off - Line is disabled
When the "Online" indicator is flashing, what does this mean?
The eMTA s booting or registering on the cable network
What does Comcast recommend for Customers when it comes to Connecting the Telephony Modem to the home’s existing telephone wiring?
Comcast recommends that this should only be performed by a professional installer. Physical connections to the previous telephone provider must be removed and thewiring must be checked; there must not be any voltage. Cancellation of telephone service is not adequate. Failure to do so may result in loss of service and/or permanent damage to the Telephony Modem.
Explain what it means when a "Link" indicator on an Arris TM702G eMTA is On, Flashing, and Off.
Off - eMTA is not connected to PC via Ethernet Flashing - Data is being transferred between eMTA and PC On - eMTA is connected to PC via Ethernet
Explain what it means when a "Battery" indicator on an Arris TM702G eMTA is On, Flashing, and Off.
Off - Battery is missing or MTA is not registered Flashing - Battery is defective On - Battery is charged or low
Explain what it means when the "US" or "DS" indicators on an Arris TM702G eMTA is On, Flashing, and Off.
On - Normal Operation Flashing - Not connected
Explain what it means when the "Power" indicator on an Arris TM702G eMTA is Flashing.
A "Flashing" Power indicator means AC power has failed and unit is operating on battery power.
Name 3 of the 5 connectors and controls located on the rear of the Telephony Modem for an Arris TM702G.
1) Tel 1/2 (grey): connector for the first phone line (or both lines of a 2-line phone). 2) Tel 2 (grey): connector for the second phone line. 3) Reset button: resets the Telephony Modem as if you power cycled the unit. Use a pointed non-metallic object to press this button. 4) Ethernet connector (yellow): for use with a computer or home network LAN connection. 5) USB connector (blue, if equipped): for use with a computer USB connection. Cable: connector for the coax cable. Power: connector for the power cord.]
Name 4 of the 10 categories of Device Information you can find about an eMTA in the Device Library section of Einstein?
1) Device Details 2) Reference Manual3) Supported Speeds4) Device Images5) LED Indicators6) Wiring Diagram7) How to Connect the Telephony Modem8) Ethernet Connections9) Notes And Useful information10) Find A Comcast Service Center
Explain what it means when the "WiFi" indicator on an Arris Wireless Gateway is 1) Blinking, 2) On, and 3) Off.
1) Blinking - transmitting data to the WiFi interface 2) ON - WiFi is enabled 3) OFF - WiFi is disabled
When the "Battery" LED is showing Solid Glow on an Arris Wireless Gateway, what does this mean?
The Battery is charging.
Name the two model numbers for Arris' Wireless gateway modems.
Arris TG852G, Arris TG862G.
Name 3 Arris modems that are Docsis 3.0 modems and equipped to handle Upload speeds above 22 Mbps?
1) Arris CM820A null2) Arris JRCM820a 3) Arris TM702G eMTA4) Arris JRWBM760A 5) Arris TG852G Wireless Gateway6) Arris TM722G 7) Arris TG862G Wireless Gateway8) Arris TM822G eMTA9) Arris TM822G 10) Arris WBM760A
Name 2 of the 7 Motorola modem models that are Docsis Version 3.0.
1) Motorola SB1621 2) Motorola SB6141 3) Motorola SB6121 4) Motorola SBG6580 Wireless Gateway5) Motorola JRSB6141 Cable Modem6) Motorola SBG6782AC Cable Modem7) Motorola JRSBG6580 Wireless Gateway
How many Linksys modems are Docsis 3.0??
What are the Estimated Recording Hours for the Motorola DCT6412 Digital Video Recorder for SD and HD?
SD 38-73, HD 10-15
What are the Estimated Recording Hours for the Motorola DCH6416 Digital Video Recorder for SD and HD?
SD 55-100 HD 14-21
For the best performance for a Telephony Modem or STB, what is recommended to be either minimized or eliminated completely upon installation?
Splitters between the cable jack and the and the Telephony Modem or STB.
How many primary line Voice over IP (VoIP) lines can a Arris TM504G eMTA deliver?
What is the bottom light indicator on a Motorola Surfboard 5100?
What 3 Input jacks are on the back of a Motorola Surfboard5100.
Ethernet, USB, Cable
On a Cisco DPC3939B, what is the Third LED Indicator from the top?
On a Cisco DPC3939B, a slow blink is defined as what?
One blink per second.
On a Cisco DPC3939B, a fast blink is defined as what?
Three Blinks Per Second.
On an Arris TG852G Wireless Gateway, what is the Fourth LED Indicator from the top?