Flashcards in marco island games Deck (169):
1. Other than paying bills, the self-service feature on Comcast.com allows for customers to do these 3 items.
a. Add/remove services, Obtain troubleshooting help, Install service using a SIK: Account Preferences; username and password changes; cancel appointments.
2. Mathematically, this is the number of items the base is multiplied by itself.
3. The state of electrical current in a circuit when polarity is periodically reversed.
a. Alternating Current
4. What is another name for star wiring configuration? (each outlet is fed directly from a central location)
a. Homerun wiring configuration
5. A term for calls that originate and terminate in the same local access and transport area. (for example, 281-xxx-xxxx calls 281-xxx-xxxx)
6. This company launched dual-tone multi-frequency signaling under this registered trademark.
a. Western Electric under Touch-Tone Dialing trademark
7. This telephone line, which is dedicated to a specific subscriber, sends signals through the system based on a subscriber making and receiving calls.
a. Subscriber line
8. An X1 feature allowing customers to stream both live TV and On Demand programs within their home network.
a. IP Streaming on X1
9. The set-top box records 4 programs while watching a 5th.
10. This App lets customers have access to their scheduled appointments on both their mobile devices and X1 Apps screen from X1 box.
a. MyAccount App
11. A corrected map that represents additions to or changes in information on the design map.
a. As-Built Map
12. Solar emissions, lasting just a few minutes, happen twice a year in these two months.
a. March and October
13. This impairment is typically an overdrive, or over modulation of a single digital carrier.
a. Spectral Regrowth
14. Name the process of connecting an RF remote control to a specific device.
15. A XG1 has this amount of recording space.
16. The Xfinity On Demand transport bar allows customers to fast forward or rewind in how many speeds.
17. On the X1 Entertainment Operating System, other than Facebook and Pandora, these 2 Apps allow for a more customized experience.
a. Photos and Headlines
18. Customers can designate these for all kinds of account activity including PPV and Malware.
19. These can be found on the Xfinity Youtube Channel, on the On-Screen Guide, on XFINITY on Demand and on Comcast.com.
a. Self-help videos
20. This will find titles, genres, actors, and display alternatives.
a. X1 Advanced Search
21. Comcast’s fastest residential Internet speed tier.
a. Extreme 505
22. The three (3) successful phases for successful implementation of the X1 platform.
a. Installation, Activation, Remote Pairing/Programming
23. Our “Central Brand Promise” slogan to our customers and ourselves that focuses on innovation and moments that inspire us to re-imagine entertainment.
a. “The Future of Awesome”
24. Three ways a customer can access their account information.
a. My Account: Mobile App; My Account: Comcast.com; My Account: Set-top Box
25. What is the term used in IP telephony for methodologies and transmission techniques that manage the delivery of voice, using IP packets.
26. This drop hardware must NEVER be placed over the lashing wire.
a. Span Clamp
27. This must be used only when plant design dictates upstream TX to be out of specifications.
a. Reverse Amplifier (will also accept return amplifier)
28. This must be used for underground drops buried at a minimum of 8 inches.
29. This must always be used to verify the interior metal water piping system is properly grounded.
a. A volt-ohm meter (VOM)
30. The touchscreen mode occurs when AC power is removed from the Touchscreen through either a power outage or the removal of the AC power supply.
a. Low Power Mode (LPM)
31. The number of SD/HD set top boxes a customer can self-install within a 14 day period.
32. This includes preparation, greeting, in-home assessment, paperwork and payment collection.
33. Before you dig, call this number.
34. The number of loops OSHA allows on a body belt used for climbing.
a. A maximum of 4
35. This type of electric outlet protects the technician from electrical shock.
a. GFI or GCFI
a. Presumed Asbestos Containing Material
37. These are the three items you’d look for on an OSHA inspector’s ID card.
a. Photo, Serial Number, Signature of the Secretary of Labor
38. Three locations to download XFINITY Apps.
a. Download from the Apple App Store, Google Play, Windows Store, or Amazon App Store
39. A collection of software that manages computer hardware resources, and provides common services for computer programs.
a. Operating System
40. A computer interface that permits users to directly manipulate objects which are displayed on the computer screen.
a. GUI or Graphical User Interface
41. These detectors look for sections of code triggered by time or date events, routines to search for files such as .com, .exe, .bat, and .vbs, as well as disk writes that bypass the operating system.
a. Heuristic Detectors
42. This is the final component in the CAAP.
a. Captive Portal
43. While troubleshooting a customer’s Windows based OS, in the Device Manager you see a Blue “i” on a white field. What does this stand for?
a. The resource was manually selected, and does not indicate a problem or disabled state.
44. Firmware updates will not be pushed when a sensor’s LQI levels are below this threshold.
45. The XH indoor/outdoor cameras can operate up to this frame rate and can store video clips of this time length.
a. 30 FPS and 15 seconds
46. Zigbee sensors routinely send heartbeat messages at this time interval.
a. Every 27 minutes.
47. With XFINITY Voice Text Messaging you are allowed to send 250 messages per day. At what time does the per-day rollover occur?
a. 12:00AM PST (3:00AM EST)
48. When using the Xfinity TV App, you can stream live programming on up to this number of devices simultaneously.
49. Required measured resistance between interior water pipe and house ground.
a. Less than 25 ohms
50. LTE interferes in this frequency range in our systems.
a. 700 to 800 MHz (Acceptable 698 to 806Mhz)
51. The fifth step after setup and perform work.
52. How many XFINITY Voice Text Messages are allowed daily.
a. 250 SMS messages
53. Name the two technologies on which the X1 Entertainment Operating System receives information.
a. Data over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) and Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM).
54. Activate Call Trace
55. Deactivate Call Waiting per call
56. Deactivate Call Forwarding
57. Deactivate Terminal Make Busy
58. Cancel/Deactivate Call Forwarding Selective
59. Except for these two channels, the TV carriers on a cable system are spaced at 6 MHz increments.
a. Channel 5 and 6
60. This is the CPU speed requirement for 20Mbps in Windows 7.
a. 1GHz or higher, 32-bit or 64-bit.
61. The type of cable/rating that must be used to run cables between floors in an MDU.
a. CATVR (or higher).
62. Per Ohm’s Law, current is directly proportional to this.
63. Minimum clearance for aerial drops above sidewalks or other pedestrian traffic areas.
a. 10 feet
64. These two protocols use a password 8-63 characters long.
a. Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) and WPA2
65. A digital transmission technology that splits the frequency band into different time slots.
a. TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access)
66. These two options are available when retrieving voicemail messages using the X1 Voicemail App on the X1 Entertainment operating system.
a. Play or Read Message
67. In Parental Control Settings, this is a list of all instances, both successful and unsuccessful when a PIN was required.
a. PIN Challenges
68. Name the three ways a customer can watch XFINITY On Demand Purchases.
a. Through their set-top box, Online from the XFINITY TV Store or through XFINITY On Demand Purchases App
69. Hitting the “last” button on your X1 remote will show this many previously viewed shows and/or recordings.
70. This tool allows technicians to add customer owned EMTAs and modems.
a. ACEA tool or TechNet
71. This may cause poor video quality in your Xfinity TV Go app.
a. Weak Wi-Fi Signal
72. Comcast agents are able to troubleshoot, look up tickets and schedule trouble calls using this tool.
a. Einstein Service; Einstein
73. The formula used for ascending a pole while hitch-hiking.
a. Belt, Step-Lock-Step, Belt
74. Press and hold the Setup button until the Power button changes from red to green then enter 987.
75. Name the four types of remote controls.
a. Dedicated, Unified, Universal, and Universal Learning
76. An X1 remote does this to indicate it is successfully paired with the box.
a. Flashes green
77. Available for our customers to purchase, this remote has backlit buttons and a TV/Video button.
a. XR5 Premium Backlit Remote
78. On a platinum or silver remote, after pressing and holding the Setup button until Cable blinks twice, this code is entered to remap a remote key.
79. This command is used to see if a computer can successfully access a specific Web site.
80. This allows a Gateway to discover all UPnP client devices.
a. Under Device Discovery-enable UPnP and Zero Config
81. This Network is similar to P2P networks but has dependencies on other equipment and services.
a. LAN or Local Area Network
82. This type of IP can be set aside by a network administrator for a particular device.
83. XFINITY Home customers without XFINITY Internet will need this prior to accessing the XH Portal
a. Comcast User ID
84. Used to extend the wireless signal to either a Touchscreen or camera.
a. Wi-Fi repeater
85. Name three Zigbee devices that also work as Zigbee repeaters/reflectors.
a. Siren, lamp module, appliance module and/or the PIM; light switch
86. This device manages data transfer according to MAC.
87. The proper angle of your safety strap when you are belted onto a pole.
a. 5 degrees.
88. This must be marked on all safety glasses to ensure that they meet ANSI requirements.
89. When pole climbing, this is the proper angle of your leg when striking the pole.
a. 30 degrees
90. In XFINITY TV Go this means that you don’t currently subscribe to the channel that provides the selected content.
a. An Orange Key
91. Three of the five tabs in the Einstein Account History.
a. Contact History, Ticket History, Customer History, CAE Lookup, and Email History
92. To meet minimum XFINITY Voice requirements, a phone handset must have an industry-standard ring equivalence number (REN) of no more than this.
93. This number represents the best possible LQI signal.
94. Required measured resistance between interior water pipe and house ground.
a. Less than 25 ohms
95. A term that describes having your view of the road blocked by another vehicle.
a. Bill boarding
96. This network allows devices to communicate with each other unaided.
97. The App that will enable you to download content from your DVR directly to your mobile device.
a. XFINITY TV App
98. SCTE 123 2011
a. Specification for “F” Connector, Male, Feed-through
99. The cable modem used with EoHFC
a. D3 Cisco Modem (DPC3008)
100. The common UNI (site) must be a fiber site for this type of network.
101. With EoHFC, EDI Layer 3 testing is performed the same way as with this.
a. Fiber transport site
102. A barrier which is an extension of the wall at the edge of a roof, terrace, balcony, walkway or other structure.
103. 11 is 6 and 6 is 12. What are 6 and 12?
a. Ground Wire
104. How often should prep tool blades be replaced?
105. The meter used for site tech on an EoHFC install.
a. RF certification meter
106. With EoHFC, for the reflecting portable test device, this must be entered into the testing portable device before looping.
a. MAC Address
The light amplifier that provides a greater gain in light than an EDFA optical amplifier.
YEDFA-Ytterbium Erbium Doped Fiber Amp
In fiber loss budget, this is calculated by adding all of the losses in the path together and then subtracting the number from the transmitted
The lay loss factor of stranded fiber/loose tube 121 to 144 fiber count.
The laser's RF level does not determine the optical output level, but does determine this.
OMI (Optical Modulation Index)
This ANSI class of laser is safe as long as it is not disassembled.
In 2010, this term was introduced for our service and technology platform delivering high-quality TV, Internet and voice.
It recognizes an employee or team that successfully implemented a new method or device, or has significantly changed an already existing product or process for a better method or devices.
Comcast's Innovation Award
This XH device uses a photoelectric detector for monitoring.
Locking or security terminators must have this to terminate the signal.
This service allows media streaming across the Internet from remote servers, providing content streams to many devices just about anywhere in the world.
Cloud Services; Cloud DVR; Cloud
This load sharing technique logically combines multiple DOCSIS channels.
Heat detectors within the smoke alarm begin to alarm when the temperature reaches this Farenheit level.
This is the last step in the pathway in Einstein Toolkits that you would take to reset the customer's password.
Amplification on the forward path must maintain this.
Series-11 or QR-320 cable is permissible only for drops greater than this length.
Type CATV indoor cable must meet all of the listing requirements of this NEC code.
NEC Article 820
This is what interior wall plates must be securely attached to.
Wall plate mounting brackets
Our partner monitoring service, C.O.P.S. is shortened from this.
Central Office Processing Service
IEEE uses this number sequence to identify the Zigbee network standard.
XH smoke detectors have a use-window of this number of years from the date of manufacturer.
A non-profit collaborative trade organization that defines a standard for moving digital media from one device to another in a home network.
Digital Living Network Alliance
This functionality toggles the router networking functionality of a wireless gateway.
This program provides the opportunity for young adults, ages 14 to 21, primarily from diverse, low-income backgrounds, to develop their technological skills and apply what they have learned to benefit their community.
Comcast Digital Connectors
These gases must be less than 10% of LEL and LFL in order to safely enter a permit required confined space.
Combustible and Flammable gases
A life threatening condition that results in failure of the body's internal warming system.
According to OSHA, the acceptable oxygen level range for a confined space.
19.5% to 23.5%
This is the proper order when checking for atmospheric hazards.
Oxygen, Combustible gases, Toxic gases
The atmosphere in a confined space is monitored and recorded at these intervals.
Monitor constantly and record every twenty minutes.
Name two of the three major music licensing organizations which provide the right for businesses to play licensed recordings.
ASCAP, BMI, SESAC
Descriptive name for an address or group addresses on the Internet.
This is no longer considered a safe practice to prevent AC ring voltage while working on the wiring.
Taking a phone off the hook.
This connects directly to the IP3 server via an Ethernet cable.
This device acts as a focal point in connecting multiple computers within one Local Area Network
These five services are available to Residential but are excluded from Business.
DVR, VOD, Impulse PPV, iTV, Premium Channels
Backup batteries will not be available for purchase from Comcast by customers subscribing to this service.
The 3 steps to the ADC process.
1. Sampling2. Quantization3. Encoding
The path used to pull PDF or exact view of customer's statement.
Account Health>Account Info>View Billing Details
Eight pin, eight conductor or RJ45
4 of the most common features found on all Telephone Butt sets.
Monitor mode, Talk mode, Speaker phone, Polarity test, Talk battery, Dialing and calling
Two types of XFINITY Voice privacy options available .
CNAM (Caller ID name) and Caller ID blocking per line
Chroma Delay Testing is completed at this location.
Four of the Dolby Digital formats that SPDIF supports.
5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 7.2, THX, and DTS 9.1 and 11.1
This process is done after pressing "Power" to turn off the Cisco set-top box, to access the diagnostic screen.
Press Help within 2 seconds
A blue screen showing the error message PACE ABL means this on an X1 box.
Defective STB and/or corrupt firmware
Selecting and ITG can be done in these three ways.
1. Recommended by Einstein2. Select from a list of ITGs3. Search by customer reported symptoms
This is where you would look in Einstein to verify the franchise area for the customer's address.
This tool in Einstein allows you to text driving directions to a customer for the closest Comcast Customer Service Center.
BAM (Box Availability Matrix) Tool
This indicates a pending disconnect or disconnect on "Account Info"
This is the minimum braid coverage for Series 6 cable?
This is the gauge wire used to bond Series-11 and QR-320 drops.
#6 AWG solid copper
We stopped using this for sealing buried drop splices.
Air-shrinkable or heat shrinkable tubing
For safety, wall-plate-to-CPE jumpers must be securely attached (to baseboard/floor, etc) if longer than this.
This is one of the four virus actions that inserts itself into other program files, then replicates itself every time its host is read by the computer.
Device located in the headend that hosts two-way communications with the DOCSIS devices located at the customer premises.
CMTS (Cable Modem Termination System)
To check that TCP/IP is correctly configured and working properly on a computer, ping this address on the computer (127.0.0.1)
BVE seat type that includes telephone number, mailbox and many advance features.
Unified Communications Seat
Comcast Business Voice uses this type of start technology with the eMTA.
Four types of hunt groups available with BVE
Regular, Simultaneous, Circular, Uniform
The subnet for customers with 5 static IPs
This is a customer Ethernet network that allows computers to seamlessly link multiple locations together and exchange data up to 1 gigabit per second.
This is a measurement of how consistent the signal response is from the beginning to the end of the channel space.
ICFR (In-Channel Frequency Response)
This number expresses the overall loading effect of the subscriber's equipment on the eMTA.
Ringer Equivalence Number (REN)