Flashcards in APU Deck (11)
What causes an automatic EMER. SHUTDOWN of the APU? When is this facility available?
- APU fire on the ground.
- Pressing the APU fire on the exterior panel.
- APU fire pb is pushed.
Flight phases 1-2, 6, 9-10
Why would the APU continue to run after being selected OFF?
If using APU bleed air, the APU keeps running for cooling period of 60-120 secs.
What happens if excessive EGT is sensed?
Amber fault light and a caution appears on ECAM. This is followed by an automatic shutdown.
AUTO (EMER) SHUTDOWN is available during which phases of flight?
Auto shutdown is available during all phases of flight.
What causes the FLAP to OPEN?
What does the message FLAP OPEN mean exactly?
- When MASTER SW p/b is pressed.
- In green when APU air intake flap is fully open.
- ECAM Advisory 3min APU has been switched OFF if flap still not fully closed.
What happens if the START button is pressed immediately after the MASTER button is pressed?
Nothing. The start switch is only energised when the flap has fully opened.
What is the Maximum altitude for APU start?
- 41,000’ by electrical power [normal operation]
- 25,000’ by battery only
What are the altitude limitations for the use of APU bleed & packs?
2 packs: 15,000’
1 pack: 22,500’ / 20,000 [MSN-dependant]
What would you do if the SD showed LO OIL LVL?
- The APU may be started and operated even if the LOW OIL LEVEL ECAM advisory is displayed.
- Maintenance action is required within 10hrs of APU operation.
What is the APU start attempt limitation?
After 3 consecutive APU start attempts, the flight crew must wait 60min before a new start attempt.