Flashcards in Living with Dementia Deck (4):
What are some impacts of a Dementia diagnosis on the patient?
- May be in denial
- Grief reaction
- Acceptance / positive coping strategies
What is the impact on carers who may be taking care of a Dementia patient?
- Effect of physical care / doing everything
- Poor sleep
- Constant vigiliance
- Loss of support of partner
- Unable to take time off work
What are the benefits of having a diagnosis for Dementia?
- Know what it is you are dealing with
- Access to treatments
- Access to support services
- Information / education
- Planning future
- Assessment and risk management