- TRANSCRANIAL MAGNETIC STIMULATION
- CAT SCAN
- PET SCAN (positron emission tomography)
- functional MRI
FUNCTIONAL MRI is a new technology that combines elements of the .. and .. ... An fMRI can show details of .. .. with information about .. .. in the brain, tying BRAIN STRUCTURE to brain .. during .. ..
- MRI AND PET SCANS
- BRAIN STRUCTURE
- BLOOD FLOW
- COGNITIVE TASKS
A PET SCAN measures how much of a certain .. (e.g. ..) certain PARTS of the BRAIN are using.
The MRI is like the CAT SCAN except that it uses DIFFERENT TECHNOLOGY to create more DETAILED IMAGES. An MRI uses .. .. to measure the .. and .. of brain material.
- MAGNETIC FIELDS
- DENSITY AND LOCATION
- PANCREAS (insulin and glucagon)
- ADRENAL GLANDS
- PITUITARY GLAND
The HYPOTHALAMUS controls our ... ...
- BIOLOGICAL RHYTHMS (morning person/night person)
"The operation was pioneered by ROGER SPERRY and MICHAEL GAZZINGA"
- cutting the CORPUS CALLPOSUM to treat people with severe epilepsy
- A: DEPOLARIZATION
- B: ACTION POTENTIAL
- C: REPOLARIZATION
- D: REFRACTORY PERIOD
- E: RESTING POTENTIAL
- LIMBIC SYSTEM
OXYTOCIN plays a big role in ..
- A: PUPIL - B: CORNEA - C: LENS - D: IRIS - E: OPTIC NERVE - F: RETINA
- A: PINNA - B: EAR CANAL - C: EARDRUM - D: OVAL WINDOW - E: COCHLEA - F: SEMICIRCULAR CANALS - G: ANVIL - H: HAMMER