NEW INTERNATIONAL DIVISION OF LABOUR (NIDL)
The global shift of economic activity that occurs when the process of production is no longer centered primarily around national economies.
Pertaining to the areas of the world most recently discovered by Europeans; e.g., North and South America.
NEWLY AGRICULTURIZING COUNTRIES (NACS)
Some low-middle income countries which have specialized in the export of high-value foods e.g. Brazil, Mexico, China, Argentina and Kenya.
NEWLY INDUSTRIALIZED COUNTRIES (NICS)
- Countries where there has been a relatively recent and significant shift away from primary activities such as agriculture towards manufacturing production e.g. South Korea and Mexico.
- In some cases the proportion of manufacturing production is similar to that of the more developed countries like UK or the US.
- Term used in African American vernacular English to refer to a person of Black African ancestry living in the US.
- The use of the term by persons not of African descent is still widely viewed as unacceptable and hostile even if there is no intention to slander.
Extremely offensive term to refer to people of Black African ancestry in the USA.
In the U.S. it is a derogatory term for a Jew of African-American descent (shortened version of Nigger and Jew.).
The obligation of honorable, generous, and responsible behavior associated with high social rank or birth.
The individuals in a person's social network.
Movement throughout the year by the whole pastoral group (men, women, and children) with their animals: More generally it means such constant movement in pursuit of strategic resources.
- Is a household consisting of two heterosexual parents and their children as distinct from the extended family.
- Are typical in societies where people must be relatively mobile e.g., hunter-gatherers and industrial societies.
A form of compliance in which behaviour happens in response to a direct order.
A type of learning, in which an individual acquires new behvaiours simply by observing the behaviours of others.
Permanent political position.
Pertaining to areas of the world having the longest period of documented human habitation: e.g., Europe, Asia, and Africa.