Structural position in the world system intermediate between core and periphery.
A pattern of divorce and monogamous remarriage.
SEX ROLE DIVISION OF LABOR
The division of subsistence tasks between women and men.
Discrimination or prejudice against some people because of their gender.
Marked differences in male and female biology, besides the contrasts in breasts and genitals, and temperament.
A person's habitual sexual attraction to, and activities with: persons of the opposite sex, heterosexuality; the same sex, homosexuality; or both sexes, bisexuality.
SEXUAL ORIENTATION DISCRIMINATION
- Is discrimination against individuals, couples or groups based on sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation.
- Usually, this means the discrimination of a person who has a same-sex sexual orientation, whether or not they identify as gay, lesbian or bisexual.
- Acceptability of sexual orientation varies greatly from society to society.
- The Republic of South Africa is the first nation on earth to integrate freedom from discrimination based on sexual orientation into its constitution.
- A religious practitioner who mediates between ordinary people and supernatural beings and forces.
- Somone who travels between worlds in a state of trance.
- Once in the spirit world, the shaman would commune with the spirits for assistance in healing, hunting or weather management.
- Neighbourhoods where poor migrants to cities live.
- Also called slum, favela, township.
SHARED STRESS EFFECT
People who are together in a stressful environment tend to feel mutual attraction.
A research method that tries to imitate crucial aspects some real-world situation in order to understand the underlying mechanism of that situation.
A shorthand label for a marriage system in which men of different descent groups exchange women who are sometimes their own sisters or daughters and sometimes parallel cousins or the daughters of parallel cousins.
SLASH AND BURN
- Cultivation with recurrent clearing and burning of vegetation and planting in the burnt fields.
- Fallow periods for each plot last longer than periods of cultivation.
- It is sometimes referred to as swidden (or shifting) cultivation.
Is the most extreme, coercive, abusive, and inhumane form of legalized inequality where people are treated as things or someone's property.
People having the same rank in a system that differentiates people from high to low.