- Personal beliefs, expectations, desires, values, and behaviors that derive from the interaction between culture and the individual.
- Is the behaviors and techniques for solving problems that are used by an individual.
- Is to the individual as culture is to the group.
- An organism's evident traits, its "manifest biology".
- The term is used in anatomy and physiology.
Significant sound contrast in a language that serves to distinguish meaning, as in minimal pairs.
The study of the sound contrasts (phonemes) of a particular language.
The study of speech sounds in general; what people actually say in various languages.
The study of sounds used in speech.
Is a graphic representation of evolutionary relationships among animal species.
Study of biological origins and physical variations among human populations.
Those who travel to a shrine or holy place as devotees.
- Presentation of someone else's work as if it were your own.
- This can be done by direct copying without citation of the original work, or by summarising another person's ideas and presenting them as if they were your own.
- Self plagiarism occurs when a person presents or publishes the same piece of work more than once without indicating the first source.
- Is generally used to indicate the idea of copying, although failing to acknowledge another person's contribution to a work that is being presented or published for the fist time may be considered plagiarism, it is certainly a dishonest practice.
- Other forms of cheating include fabrication of quotations, data and other results, although the concept of 'fabrication' depends on certain epistemological assumptions.
A society that combines ethnic contrasts and economic interdependence of the ethnic groups.
When a person wins an election by having the most votes, as opposed to a majority where a person gets more than half of the votes.
- A variety of plural marriage in which a woman has more than one husband.
- Tibet is the most well-documented cultural domain within which polyandry is practised, though it has recently been outlawed.
In this type of culture, multiple tasks are handled at the same time, and time is subordinate to interpersonal relations.
An individual who has more than one spouse.