Flashcards in Bati Alshemeili (chapter 27) Deck (12):
Concurrent . (adj)
Happening - approaching.
- Something taking place at the same time as something else.
-There are three concurrent meetings happening right now.
-متزامن مع، متفق
Hierarchy . (n)
stairs - rank - lader.
- A system from the lowest to the highest .
- In the IEP hierarchy, Stacy is higher than the teachers that are working there.
-مراتب ، تسلسل
Analogy . (n)
- A comparison between two different things that are alike.
- Some scientist say that there is analogy between human and some kind of chimpanzee.
Form - idea - imagine
- To form an idea or imagine it.
- Burj Khalifa was conceived in 2008.
-تصور - تخيل
Definite . (adj)
certain - confirmed - sure.
- Known for certain.
- It is definite that I am going to win the contest.
Unify . (v)
- To make or become one.
-The military wants to unify the soldiers for the battle.
Release . (v)
go - free
- To let something go or to make it go free.
- They will release the prisoners tomorrow.
Coordinate . (v)
range - organize
-To orginaize things or people in order.
- It is hard to coordinate weddings with some brides.
Positive . (adj)
- To feel good about something or have a good feeling.
-I feel positive about tomorrow's exam.
Likewise . (adv)
also - same
- My roommate decided to sleep and I did likewise.
Prospect . (n)
- Something that may happen.
- I prospect that my roommate will bring me a new IPad on my birthday.