Flashcards in Hashim Alawami - Chapter 14. Deck (25):
* Virtually (adj.)
* Almost or very near.
*This semester is virtually to the end.
* Volume (n.)
* Amount, Size.
* Amount of space for length an height.
*The cup has enough volume to drink.
* Diminish (v.)
* Decrease, Reduce.
* Reduce in size of importance.
*I think I have to diminish drinking soda.
* Expert (n.)
* A person having high level of knowledge or skills in a particular subject.
* If I have problem I will ask an expert.
* Nevertheless (adj.)
* ومع ذلك
* Despite what was just said,However.
*IEP is easy to pass,nevertheless,you have to work hard.
* Input (n.)
* Info, money or energy that is put into a system or organization.
8I guess I'd like a little input from you guys, if you don't mind.
* Expansion (n.)
* The increase of something in size, number or importance.
*The economy's expansion will make a new jobs.
* Conduct (v.)
* Plan, Strategy.
* To organize and direct in a particular way.
Suddenly all those annoying rules of conduct began to make sense.
* Predict (v.)
* Think, Guess.
* To say that an event or action might happen in the future.
* I predict this summer will be awesome.
* Benefits (n.)
* A helpful or good effect.
* We can get many benefits from education.
* Ultimate (adj.)
* Eventual, latest.
* Most important, highest, last or final.
* My brother likes to play ultimate team in PS4.
* Devote (v.)
* To give your time or effort completely to something you believe in or to a person.
* I wish I can devote my day to my angle.
* Inevitable (adj.)
* لا مفر منه
* Certain to happen.
*I didn't think the decision was inevitable.
* Outcome (n.)
* The result or effect of an action, situation or event.
* I hope the outcome of this exam is great.
* Occur (v.)
* To exist; events that happen.
*I hope it will not occur to her to count the hairs of her head.
* Annually (adj.)
* Happens every year.
* I renew the regestration annually.
* Adjacent (adv.)
* Very near or nothing in between.
*Starbucks is adjacent the Mountinlair.
* Region (n.)
* A particular area of a state, country or earth surface.
*My city is in eastern region of KSA.
* Terminate (v.)
* To end or stop.
* The referee terminate the match.
* Abandon (n.)
* Careless disregard for consequencens.
* I found an abandoned toy.
* Cite (v.)
* Reference something as proof or as a reason.
*Brandon told us to cite our work.
* Prohibitive (adj.)
* To restrict something.
*In 1822 the prohibitive point was lowered to 70s.
* Minimize (v.)
* To reduce something to the smallest amount.
*My mother asked me to minimize my voice.
* Duration (n.)
*The length of time continues or exists.
*The duration of soccer match is 90 minutes.