Flashcards in Dana - Chapter27. Deck (24):
- Concurrent (adj.)
- Existing or happening at the same time as something else.
- There are four concurrent biology classes happening ate the same time.
- Hierarchy (n.)
- Range, Ranking.
- A system that has ranks from lowest to highest.
- The company hierarchy, masters degree employees are higher than bachelors degree employees.
- التسلسل الهرمي
- Analogy (n.)
- A comparison between two things that show they are similar.
- The journal state that their is an analogy between the laughing and self-healing.
- تشابه جزئي
- Conceive (v.)
- Dream up, Think of.
- To form an idea or plan.
- This project was conceived last year.
- Definite (adj.)
- Fixed and unlikely to change.
- I have definite plans for the weekend.
- Unify (v.)
- To join or link separate parts together to make one thing.
- Our teacher unify all the group work in one project.
- Release (v.)
- To allow someone or something to be free.
- My dog run away when I release its leash.
- Coordinate (v.)
- Match, Organized.
- To organize different things or people so that they work together.
- We are going to coordinate a birthday party for our friend.
- Positive (adj.)
- Good situation or good feelings.
- I'm feeling really positive about my new job.
- Likewise (adv.)
- The same.
- I planned to go to the mall and my friend did likewise.
- Phenomenon (n.)
- Event, Happening.
- Something that happens or exists (unusual).
- Earthquake is one example for natural phenomenon.
- Prospect (n.)
- View, Chance.
- Something may or will happen.
- My prospect for the new semester is positive.
- React (v.)
- To do or say something because something has happened or has been said.
- When I told my friend what happened to me, her react was shocked.
- رد فعل
- Depress (v.)
- To push or pull something down in lower position.
- Depress the button to turned the light off.
- Ratio (n).
- The relation between two or more numbers which shows that one is greater than the other.
- The ratio of dresses shops to the company is 10 to 7.
- Aggregate (adj.)
- The total of something.
- The highest aggregate scorer team wins.
- Intervene (v.)
- To come between two things.
- Please do not intervene into my conversation with my friend.
- Offset (v.)
- To make the effect of something less strong or noticeable.
- He make his car's seats red to offset the bright color of the car.
- Temporarily (adj.)
- Lasting for a short time.
- She have a temporarily car until her car gets fixed.
- Commence (v.)
- To begin something.
- My first semester in the IEP commenced on January 2015.
- Imposing (adj.)
- Making an impression on people because it is big and important.
- There is an imposing tower in Dubai city called Khalifa tower.
- Hypothesis (n.)
- An idea that is suggested as the possible explanation for something.
- The schedule now called for hypothesis testing.
- Circumstances (n.)
- The facts and events that happen in particular situation.
- The teacher will make up the exam for me under some circumstances.