Flashcards in Chapter3 - Dana Deck (24):
- Available (adj.)
- Ready and accessible.
- I am available tonight to have dinner with you.
- Consist (v.)
- To be made up of or to contain something.
- This fruits juice consist strawberry, mango, and beach.
- Consume (v.)
- Spend, Absorb.
- To spend, absorb or devour.
- I mostly consume cheese burger two times a week.
- Contribute (v.)
- Devote, Give.
- To give (money, time, knowledge) to a common source (charity).
- She contribute money to several charities.
- Conversely (adj.)
- Something that is the opposite or contrary.
- Both of us have an opinion, but she conversely disagreed.
- Cooperate (v.)
- Comply with, Participate.
- To work or act together for a common purpose or benefit.
- It will be much easier if everyone cooperate in the project.
- Domestic (adj.)
- Devoted to home life or household affairs.
- I have a lot of domestic chores to do today.
- Function (n.)
- Person, thing, or institution the purpose for which something is designed or exists.
- The function of the heart is pump blood through the body.
- Isolation (n.)
- Complete separation from others.
- She spent a week in an isolation camp.
- Labor (n.)
- A group of people working for wages.
- He have many labors due tomorrow.
- Locate (v.)
- A set area or position.
- My parents located in Saudi Arabia.
- Maintain (v.)
- Keep, Manage.
- To keep in operation; preserve.
- The pilot was struggling to maintain control of the aircraft.
- Minority (n.)
- A group in a smaller number compared to a much larger group.
- Native Americans are in minority group in the American population.
- Negative (adj.)
- Weak, Against.
- Denial, or a refusal of something. Not positive.
- I can't deal with negative people.
- Network (n.)
- Individuals having a common interest which help one another.
- The show is getting good ratings for the network.
- Nuclear (n.)
- Relating to the nuclear family (2 parents and 2-3 children).
- I am in nuclear family.
- Promote (v.)
- To advance in rank or position; to encourage sales.
- I was promoted last week at my job.
- Purchase (v.)
- To acquire by payment of money.
- I purchased my groceries yesterday.
- Rely (v.)
- To depend on something and trust it.
- I rely on my mom.
- Resource (n.)
- Supply, support especially one that can be readily drawn upon when needed.
- This research paper has 5 resources.
- Structure (n.)
- Parts arranged together; organized.
- I like the structure of that building.
- Transition (n.)
- Movement from one position to another.
- The transition to another apartment isn't easy.
- Trend (N. or V.)
- General style.
- The trends always changes in fashion.