Flashcards in Neuroanatomy Deck (14)
Fluid filled cavity located in the middle of the transverse span of gray matter in spinal cord?
groove between dorsal column?
dorsal median sulcus
Rules for differentiating cervical from thoracic from lumbar vertebrae?
1) Present of lateral horn = T1-L2.
2) Greatest amount of grey matter is in cervical and lumbosacral enlargements (massive innervation)
3) Fasiculi cuneatus and gracilis are BOTH present above T7.
4) cervical vs. lumbosacral enlargement = dorsal horn is narrower at cervical levels than in lumbars.
internal auditory meatus location
Trick about cranial nerves
CNVII has 2 little paired segments
What will MLF syndrome produce?
1) medial rectus palsy on lateral conjugate gaze.
2) *convergence is normal.
3) Abducting eye gets nystagmus (CN VI overtires to stimulate CN III).
Lateral medullary syndrome infarct distribution
medial medullary syndrome infarct distribution
Lateral pontine syndrome distribution
arteries in circle of willis in relation to blood vessels