Flashcards in Lesson 12 Deck (12):
(broaden your opportunities)
* education will broaden your opportunities to land a good job.
* the breadth of his knowledge is impressive.
(with the burgeoning population of major cities)
* the burgeoning population of major cities is creating a demand for more services.
* his talent as a pianist burgeoned at the age of 14.
* his name was conspicuously absent from the list of winners.
* the attorneys were conspicuous for their aggravated manner in the courtroom.
* the union endorsed the new contract.
* the president's endorsement of the project guaranteed its funding.
(adv) tremendously, enormously
(benefit tremendously from)
* his enormous wealth allows him to contribute to many charities.
* a diet with many fruits and vegetables is enormously beneficial to the body.
entirely = totally (adv)
* the economist was entirely right in his analysis.
* the president released the speech in its entirety before the news conference.
* the senator's support is eroding because of his unpopular position on the major issues.
* It took millions of years of erosion for nature to form The Grand Canyon.
* the chance of the two sides reaching an aggressive have evaporated.
* the evaporation of the funds was unexplainable.
* the university has a noteworthy collection of ancient texts.
* there was a noteworthy increase in the amount of money the school raised.
* the students reportedly sent a representative, but she has not yet arrived.
* the reported tornado has not been confirmed.
* when traveling in tropical climates , travelers are susceptible to malaria.
* adolescence are especially susceptible to the influence of their friends.