Flashcards in Lesson 17 Deck (14):
* we were told that the information is strictly confidential.
* she confided to me that she had always wanted to be a movie star.
(I was delighted to get you E-mail)
* he was delighted with the results of the experiment.
* it was a delightful afternoon.
* the teacher discreetly told the parents about their child 's inappropriate behavior.
you can count on me to be discreet.
* he had documented proof that the bank had made an error
* the car's documentation was in order.
* hearing her favorite song evoked fond memories for her high school years.
* most sounds evoke hints of time and place.
* the bay has gradually deteriorated over the years.
* there has been a gradual change in the climate over the past decade.
* teachers must be known for their impartiality.
* judges ate know for their impartiality.
(an inordinate amount of countable (n)
an inordinate amount of uncountable (n) )
* the airlines had to cancel an inordinate number of flights due to the fog.
* there was an inordinately large number of whales off the coast.
(adj) instant, instantaneous
* the computer finished the job instantly.
* it had happened in an instant.
* the machine was left on intentionally.
* her action was an indication of her good intentions.
* a penny has little intrinsic value.
* the forests of the northwest are intrinsically rich in natural resources.
(nominal effects), (nominally successful)
* the office building was sold at a nominal price.
* she was nominally successful as an actress.
* the ild wreck was presumably located to the southwest of Florida.
* I presume that you have been camping before.