Flashcards in Lesson 19 Deck (10):
(n) coherence , cohesion
* it was a well-balanced, coherent presentation.
* there was a cohesive feeling among the new workers.
(business needs to evolve swiftly) (animal evolve)
* the management team's idea evolved over a period of two years.
* the country's hopes for a rapid evolution of its economy depend on approval of free trade agreements.
* bird is the generic term used to describe animals with feathers.
* universities provide students with the generic skills needed to compete in the workplace.
SYN research, survey, probe
* the comprehensive investigation of the bank revealed no illegal activity.
* some members of the Senate wanted to appoint a special investigator.
(she has the notion that)
* she has the notion that she wants to become an architect.
* some outlandish notions about the origin of the solar system have been disapproved.
* the physicists had some novel ideas
* *the physicists had some novel ideas about traveling at the speed of light.
nurture (v) (n)
* the owner of the vineyard carefully nurtures the grapevines v
* that school is well known for having a nurturing a learning environment.
* her unbiased analysis of the problem allowed her to find the solution more rapidly.
* here is unbiased proof that nitrogen exists in this compound.
(n) variant,variation, vary, variety, variability
* the class expressed varied opinions about the movie.
* there are various ways to solve the problem.