Flashcards in Lesson 5 Deck (14):
* the cause of many harmful diseases have baffled doctors for centuries
* the orchard bears many fine harvests of Apples.
* although stock prices declined, losses have been bearable for most investors.
* Einstein was a brilliant thinker.
* she brilliantly produced a solution to the problem.
* the officer cautioned the motorist to slow down.
* they entered into the negotiations cautiously.
* because of its controversial nature, it was a challenge to discuss such a delicate issue in public.
* you must handle the antique delicately.
* passing the exam should enhance your chances of being admitted to college.
* the computer enhanced our productivity.
* the woman's incessant talking disturbed everyone watching the movie.
* the dogs' incessant barking kept the whole neighborhood up all night.
in conjunction with
SYN along with
* exercise, in conjunction with a nourishing diet, contributes to a healthy lifestyle.
* the architects planned the building in conjunction with the engineers.
* he was intrigued by the acclaim that he received.
* the intriguing question baffled historians.
SYN block, hurdle
* just after the storm, downed trees obstructed many roads in the community.
* a huge building obstructed the ocean view from the apartment.
* they couldn't persuade their critics to see their point of view.
* john presented a persuasive argument for his salary increase.
* in order to grow, crabs must shed their shells.
* the experiments shed no new information on the cause of the disease.
* he was presented with a unique opportunity to attend the conference.
* his style of writing is uniquely his own.